|Date Posted:||Jun 22, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 2, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Mechanical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA):
The capital region of Afghanistan comprises the Kabul, Wardak, Logar, Kapisa and Parwan Provinces. The total area of the capital region is more than 7735 km2. In order to make safe urban environment and tackle the problems caused by ever increasing population growth in the capital of Afghanistan considering the concentrated economic activities and services provision, Dehsabz City Development Authority (DCDA) has been promoted to Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA) (As per the Presidential Decree No. 44 dated 23rd June 2016 based on Cabinet Resolution no 3 dated 30 April 2016 of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan). CRIDA is an Independent Budgetary Unit and Governmental profitable entity within the organizational structure of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Capital Region Independent Development Authority (CRIDA), not only develop Kabul New City project but also pave the ways for the development of Capital Region with broader visions which are briefly narrated as follows: 1. Transforming the Capital Region by turning it into a mega city that is clean, environmentally friendly, cultured with booming industries and commerce, sports and tourism and ultimately a metropolitan city that is self-reliant and sustainable, a city that has infrastructure and facilities of high standards with healthy physical environment. 2. Building a diverse community that is free of ethnic, linguistic, racial and religious prejudices. 3. Promoting urban culture and enhancing the standard of life through development of the Capital Region. 4. Development of cities (through decentralization for balanced development) within the Capital Region by protecting the originality, historical value and organic linkages with the existing Kabul city to transform the entire capital zone into a symbol of national unity.
CRIDA is currently looking for a HVAC Design Engineer to play active role in Structure Design division and contribute in managing and preparation of multidisciplinary tasks for achieving the strategic goals of CRIDA on objective basis.
Reporting Line: The HVAC Design Engineer will report directly to the manager of HVAC and Deputy/Director of Structure Design Division
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Producing Drawings using AutoCAD application with necessary details to clarify for any CRIDA project.
2. Calculation of cooling load, heat load, calculation and selection of central heating boiler, chiller, hot water pumps, cold water pumps, feeder, fan coil, determining the diameter of heating system cooling and cooling pipe flue, air ducts, grills, diffusers , Water softener, expansion source (open system and closed system), etc. The equipment of this section is in accordance with the valid international fertilizers and calculation formulas that are used in this section.
3. Design of air conditioning department (HVAC) repair projects of CRIDA and national partners such as ministries in coordination with the relevant department for implementation.
4. Application and selection of various types of HVAC equipment including air handling units, fans, coils, condensing units, and furnaces.
5. Detailed load estimating utilizing computer software simulation. Includes knowledge of building construction materials, knowledge of meeting outdoor air requirements for indoor air quality, and general understanding of internal heat loads (i.e. lights, computers, equipment)
6. Design and layout of commercial and industrial duct systems including supply, return, exhaust, ventilation, and dust collection systems.
7. Application and selection of air terminal devices such as variable air volume boxes, grilles and diffusers, and louvers.
8. Design, application, and selection of hydronic systems and steam/condensate systems including chillers, boilers, cooling towers, pumps, and associated system accessories.
9. General knowledge of HVAC system controls desirable which includes development of general HVAC temperature control diagrams and written sequences of operation.
10. General knowledge of plumbing design would be beneficial but not required which may include general knowledge of the plumbing code and specific requirements for sanitary sewer and vent piping design, storm sewer piping design, and domestic hot and cold water piping design.
11. Development of Mechanical designs and documents into the design package of the project based on requirements and application in coordination with other disciplines (structural, architectural, electrical and Mechanical), directing drafting personnel, and checking project Mechanical designs, drawing and documents.
12. Provide specific equipment and materials specifications and incorporate them into the technical specification of the CRIDA Projects.
13. Attending and conducting client meetings in order to clearly understand client or owner’s requirements and expectations which specifically may be project review meetings, construction meetings, and project closeout meetings.
14. Project shop drawing and submittal review.
15. Assist Project Management Division Engineers in sound implementation of HVAC system installations by conducting site visits through assessing, evaluating, monitoring and reporting of HVAC Systems and installation processes during construction.
16. Providing and preparing of comprehensive procedure related to Mechanical system services, and submitting them to concerned Divisions of Capital Region.
17. To coordinate and interact with other CRIDA departments regarding HVAC Systems of projects.
18. Manage and organize the works and prepare/update a detail annual Work Plans.
19. Develop and introduce methods, manuals, tools, guidelines, standards and processes for production of effective management of HVAC systems.
20. Calculations of thermal loads and cooling loads using computing software in this section such as HAP, WRIGHTSOFT or HVACSolution.
Perform other relevant duties as assigned by Deputy/Director of Structure Design Division.
· Ability to Design / review the design documents and provide technical comments and recommendations for all related projects.
· Computer literacy with ability to use relevant engineering computer programs.
· Ability of strategic thinking and creativity.
· Strong knowledge in one of the national languages (Dari and Pashto) and good command in spoken and written English.
· Having good skills in report writing.
· Good knowledge of Mechanical CAD, HAP, DM HVAC, MS office and other engineering related computer programs.
· Knowledge of WRIGHTSOFT and HVAC-Solution Applications will be an asset.
· Proven abilities to produce technical reports and guidelines.
· Minimum B.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering, HVAC (Mechanical Engineering); Master Degree will be Preferred.
· Candidate must have previous experience and demonstrate thorough working knowledge with HVAC Engineering.
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Mechanical design of buildings, designing and implementing HVAC projects.