|Date Posted:||Jul 15, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Aug 15, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering,Engineering,Quality Management ,Development Management,Cost Management,Service Management|
|Salary Range:||35000 - 40000 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Bureau Collaboration Office (ABCO):
Afghan Bureau Collaboration Office (ABCO) is a national Afghan NGO established in 1993. ABCO is operating in all regions of Afghanistan with a mission of national Food Security and Livelihood Resilience Building. For the last 27 years ABCO has been committed to its mission and has performed plenty of programs and projects with UN and international organizations. ABCO has a commitment of transparency and accountability with its partners and clients. Following a commitment of self-improvement, integrity and long-term engagement and support with its personnel and project staff.
Hydraulic Irrigation engineer is a professional who is responsible for designing hydraulic systems and ensuring that all the hydraulic components will work as per the expected purpose. The hydraulic Irrigation engineer responsibilities include dealing with the control and flow of fluids, especially water and using the fluid mechanics theory and principles to deal with the problems related to storage, collection, transportation, control, regulation, etc. The hydraulic Irrigation engineer studies the environment, the water, its forces, and helps in creating concepts and designing structures to support the assigned purpose. He/she generally uses software programs related to hydrologic modeling and data analysis to make his/her work easier.
Duties & Responsibilities:
a) Hydraulic Irrigation Engineer is responsible to prepare rough cost estimates that would include the cost of the equipment, material as well as the labor cost that is required to complete the project within the given deadline
b) Hydraulic Irrigation Engineer is responsible to study and analyze the details involved in the survey reports and any other data that has the geological or topographical details and to pay attention to the details in the blue prints, maps, and other related drawings
c) Hydraulic Irrigation Engineer is responsible to lead, direct, and supervise the staff members and to ensure that all the activities at the actual site are being managed and carried out effectively
d) Hydraulic Irrigation Engineer is responsible to involved in designing structures and advise the subordinate members regarding any changes that need to be made and communicate it to the senior personnel
e) Hydraulic Irrigation Engineer is responsible to Conducts field studies on hydraulic facilities; identifies, recommends, and tests strategies to resolve problems and concerns.
f) Hydraulic Irrigation Engineer is responsible to ensure that all the project specifications have been met and that all the safety and sanitation measures have been taken care of
g) Hydraulic Irrigation Engineer is responsible to Perform hydraulic design for the intake and irrigation canal.
h) Hydraulic Irrigation Engineer is responsible to determines appropriate materials and equipment required for projects and facilities including pumps, pipes, conduits, and turbines
i) Hydraulic Irrigation Engineer is responsible to Provide required drawings for the intake and irrigation canal with its detail as per approved national and international standards.
j) Hydraulic Irrigation Engineer is responsible to have a site visit from the project site and collect required data for the hydraulic design of intake, canals and its related structures.
The hydraulic Irrigation engineer makes sure that all the designed hydraulic systems and structures are being designed as per the government rules and regulation and that quality standards are being maintained at optimum level. He/she ensures that the work performed by the other members is complete and accurate and that it adheres by the drawing specifications and standards. He/she develops and maintains proficiency and competency in all areas of hydrologic and hydraulic designing and analysis
- An aptitude for engineering and a vision that would help in effective management of water resources would be the most essential skills. Good business acumen, excellent project management skills, ability to work under pressure, good planning and organizing skills are some of the other qualities which will be of great help. He/she should be able to demonstrate a strong sense of responsibility, commitment, and dedication.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- The individual aspiring to apply for this position must have completed at least a bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited university in management of natural water resources or hydraulic/irrigation engineering, Master Degree would be preferred.
- The incumbent must have at least 10 to 15 years’ experience in Management of natural water resources and/or Hydraulic/Irrigation field
- The incumbent must have ability to work under pressure and set priorities
- The incumbent must have effective time management skill
- The incumbent must have excellent organizational skill and attention to details.
- The incumbent must have strong analytical and problem-solving skill
- The incumbent must be proficient with relevant software
- The incumbent must have excellent verbal and communication skill (ENGLISH AND DARI)
- The incumbent must have ability to conduct field studies