|Date Posted:||Aug 29, 2019|
|Reference:||Hydrology/River Sediment Specialist(C-920)|
|Closing Date:||Sep 18, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
About Ministery of Energy and Water:
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Request for “Expressions of Interest” for National Individual Consultants
Organization: Project Coordination Unit (PCU)
Project: Irrigation Restoration and Development Project (IRDP)
Reference No.: MEW/PCU/REOI/595
Announcement Date: 29-Aug-2019 closing Date: 18-SEP-2019
Nationality: Afghanistan Duration: one year (Likely to be extended)
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has applied for a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Have good analytic and reporting skills.
- Be able to present complex technical problems in clear manners.
- Having experience of working with national and international organization.
- Be able to deliver on given tasks on time.
- Knowledge and experience of the necessary internal and external meetings and presentation at local and international conference.
- Knowledge of developing training materials, and offer trainings related to water- related models to other staff of Ministry of Energy and Water(MEW) and give presentation and seminars internally and other stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in national languages as well as English.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Review the current procedure of sediment analysis, Process and calculations of WRD.
Set up and prepare a comprehensive methodology and plan for the suspended sediment analysis.
Apply appropriate River-sediment models to simulate the rate of catchments sediment production.
Develop the sediment strategy plan for the WRD through considering of RBAs and SRBs.
Preparing river sediment training package for the field hydrologist of RBA and SRBS/Conducting related trainings for WRD and field engineers.
Evaluate and assessment of the current sediment sampling equipment’s /Laboratories in six regions of five major river basins and define advance required equipment to measure and collect sediment data of the rivers.
Develop and apply the methods to calculate river-bed sediment of the rivers.
Develop a practical and technical guidelines and manual for the sediment data process and analysis for WRD engineers.
Develop a guidelines and manual for the sediment measurement and sampling for the field hydrologist/ engineers of RBAs and SRBs.
Help to establish the Silt Laboratories in sub river basins as per the requirement.
Help to prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports as related to sediment silt laboratories.
Provide technical specification for establishment of silt laboratories based on requirements.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Master’s Degree in Civil engineering/ environmental engineering/ water resources engineering and management hydrological modeling.
Master’s Degree holder will be highly preferred.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience.