|Date Posted:||Dec 23, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 10, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||494 - 495 USD monthlyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 4 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
We are a non-political, non-governmental, non-profit humanitarian and developmental organization working to improve the lives of the Afghan people since 1984. We address the acute needs of the most vulnerable and support early recovery and sustainable development for all Afghans. We align our work to the specific needs and priorities of the Afghan communities.
Responsible to organize and to conduct emergency WASH related needs assessment survey and conduct effective and efficient hygiene and sanitation promotion related activities in the settlement areas, to train and to supervise the HE (Hygiene & Sanitation) promoters.
Job Title: Hygiene & Sanitation Supervisor (Emergency)
Vacancy Number: PS-011/2019
Department: Programme / Operation Sub Department
Duty station: Kabul Main Office Programme Kabul, with Regular field trip to provinces and districts.
Required number: One Male & One Female (Couple with Sharaye Mahram)
Gender: Male / Female (Couple)
Contract: Fixed Term till end of December 2020 (Extendable)
Salary: PS-B1, USD (495) including Government Tax,
Opening Date: 23/12/2019
Closing Date: 10/01/2020
Provinces to travel:
Facilitate training, good communication skills, good community work, adaptation to traditional or local community, honesty and hard worker,
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Closely work with Emergency WASH Manager to prepare weekly and monthly work plan.
- Based on approved proposal make sure to inform Emergency WASH Manager whether hygiene promotion related materials are in the warehouse or not.
- Develop a hygiene and sanitation promotion related materials in line with ERM Common rationale to address the illiterate audience of displaced population.
- Disseminate protection related information to all related beneficiaries.
- Conduct hygiene promotion related activities in the affected areas in line with ERM common rationale.
- Develop strategies and apply to beneficiaries to transfer hygiene and sanitation related message to the practice.
- Highlight the request and demand of female and children which received during the field visit and interaction with them.
- Ensure that hygiene promotion kits should be distributed to eligible families and make sure that family members are aware with the use of hygiene kits items.
- Prepare field report on time based on hygiene promotion activities and distribution of hygiene kits to submit the Team Leader and Emergency WASH Manager.
- Actively participate in joint needs assessment team and professionally use the DACAAR's tools and approaches to prepare a field report.
- Provide suggestions to improve the DACAAR's responses in emergency based on field visit and interaction with other partners.
Perform any other related duties or responsibilities that may be assigned by the Emergency WASH Manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Kapisa, Parwan, Wardak, Logar, Nangarhar, Laghman, Panjshir, Baghlan, Bamyan, Ghazni, Paktika, Paktya, Khost, Konar, Nooristan, Badakhshan, Takhar, Kunduz, Samangan, Balkh, Sar-e-Pul, Ghor, Daykundi, Urozgan, Zabul, Kandahar, Jawzjan, Faryab, Helmand, Badghis, Herat, Farah, Nimroz
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: University degree for Male 14 class graduate for female but university degree is preferred
Experience: At least 2 years of supervisory experience in related field is required.
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
- Facilitate training, good communication skills, good community work, adaptation to traditional or local community, honesty and hard worker,
Languages: The applicants should be able to speak Pashto, Dari and English fluency
· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
· 24 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 2 days weekend
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
· Free Lunch
· Transportation allowance AFN (1500/Month)