|Date Posted:||May 16, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 10, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Under the supervision ICT Manager, the ICT coordinator is responsible to ensure that all ICT hardware is in good working order, and that there are solutions for Afghanaid ICT infrastructure and the ERP MS Dynamics system.
At this level job holders typically have independent responsibility for technical, specialized work including planning, organizing and coordination of ICT activities. They assist with the daily technical issues and the jobholders are expected to consistently demonstrate a high degree of personal responsibility and initiative to respond independently to all ICT technical and operations queries.
Jobholders have a level of ICT expertise and knowledge to adapt and support to develop standard systems and process to continually improve the level of support provided.
The purpose of the job to assist the Information Communication Technology infrastructure maintenance and support activities to enable the effective delivery of ICT services. Furthermore, jobholder is typically expected to develop various databases and provide end-users technical support after delivery of ICT Solutions in line with business requirements.
Requires travel to provinces:
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable IT Coordinator with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organisational, interpersonal relations, decision-making, compliance and reporting.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
- Ability to work amicably with fellow employees in all kinds of situations and helping others to achieve a common goal quickly and effectively.
- Successfully perform installation or testing of new hardware for improving or upgrading system performance, such as servers, VSAT, Firewall, Switches & Access points, AERP systems, MS Office etc.
- Contribute to installation, configuration and customization of IT systems, as well as integration and migration of data between systems ensuring compliance with AFGHANAID’s IT standards, guidelines and procedures.
- MS Excel knowledge, MS Dynamics NAV (knowledge desirable)
- Strong awareness of organizational values i.e. professionalism, integrity, transparency and accountability
- Ability to deal with difficult, and often challenging work situations.
- Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members.
- Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
- A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities,
- Creative and innovative in conceptual and analytical thinking
- Sensitivity to gender issues.
- Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English (written and oral).
- Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuitive and self-motivation
- A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
- Flexible and dynamic with the ability to deal with difficult, often ambiguous and challenging situations and creatively solve problems.
- Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses, active listener
Duties & Responsibilities:
- This role will overlook second level issues and ensure that the end user ICT services are functional and everything in terms of IT-MIS support is provided.
- Assist primary and initial deployment of new IT infrastructure at provincial offices including installation and configuration.
- Provide support on the disaster recovery plan of Afghanaid, Charity commission regulations on data protection and General data protection regulation (GDPR) applicable in UK.
- Ensured Afghanaid all System backup and data security through collection and analysis of accurate reports on ICT activities, manage Afghanaid online filing and directory system for ICT including, Microsoft Dynamic NAV, Google drive, in accordance with Afghanaid corporate standards.
- Install, configure Dynamics NAV, and troubleshoot any connectivity issues.
- Install and configure and troubleshoot computers, laptop hardware issues
- Ensure that the procedures contained within the IT Manual, and any other complementary procedures are fully understood and adhered to by all staff.
- Solve database or ERP system (My Dynamics) connectivity issues for all the field offices
- Setting up Windows 7 Pro, 10 Pro computers for users and office 365 for end users
- Understanding the Disaster Recovery Plan or acquaintance and its implementation.
- Ensuring that All the provinces are getting the required support and on time
- Provide a helpdesk integrity report for all the issues of ICT hardware and software in Afghanaid
- Assist Logistics with the procurement of ICT goods when needed
- Advising on the need for Purchase/Tender committee and contracts as per regulations
- Assist the IT Manager and Directorate as needed
- Ensuring the IT inventory is up to date from time to time.
- Conducting Field visits for ensuring optimal running of services.
- Provide support when any of the staff is absent or on leave in IT department
- Update technical specification for computer hardware, network equipment
- Undertake any other duties as and when required by line manager and/or overview manager.
- Manage and coordinate a team of ICT support staff including capacity building and performance appraisal of staff, to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor’s degree Information Technology with vocational technical training or a Bachelor’s degree in MIS, or Computer Science.
· 4 years’ work experience in Databases administration and design preferred and reporting.
· Experienced in troubleshooting of database connectivity
· Experienced in Data Security
· Experience on administering Windows 10, 7 Pro
· Experienced in Troubleshooting of computers and networks.
· Experienced in dealing with customers
· Experience in generating reports from database like SQL is an asset