|Date Posted:||Nov 29, 2010|
|Reference:||VA # 2010/11/002|
|Closing Date:||Dec 3, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Arts and Sciences Institute of Asia (ASIA):
Arts & Sciences Institute of Asia, is a professional educational institute that offers quality education to all Afghans. It is soon expanding to Higher Education Institute in the country and will make a green revolution in the sector of higher education.
The ICT Department forms part of the Communication and Information Technology Institute (CITI) of Arts and Sciences Institute of Asia (ASIA).
The department is a well organised, energetic and very effective team whose teaching and support enables students to achieve their full potential: we expect an outstanding result.
The ICT department has different dedicated classrooms for the teaching of ICT and has access to all ICT areas around the institute.
As an ICT specialist institute there is a lot of emphasis on developing the key ICT skills throughout key stages and beyond.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Typical work activities include:
ï‚§ classroom management;
ï‚§ planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups;
ï‚§ preparing and setting tests, examination papers, and exercises;
ï‚§ marking and providing appropriate feedback on practical work of the students;
ï‚§ basic administration such as keeping student registers and attendance records for starters and leavers;
ï‚§ Promote and be committed to the ASIA/CITIâ€™s aims and objectives;
ï‚§ Implement Instituteâ€™s policies;
ï‚§ Promote and be committed to securing high expectations for learning;
ï‚§ Provide a stimulating and engaging learning environment;
ï‚§ Plan and deliver high quality lessons on a daily basis;
ï‚§ Set appropriate homework for classes and monitor progress;
ï‚§ Assess, record and track the progress of pupils;
ï‚§ Have due regard for maintaining health, safety and security;
ï‚§ Contribute to the CITI Departmentâ€™s schemes of work;
ï‚§ Undertake duties around the Institute as and when required;
ï‚§ Be a member of the pastoral team and, if required, a form tutor carrying out the associated responsibilities;
ï‚§ Comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description
The successful applicant will be extremely well organised, energetic and willing to go the extra mile. They will be focused on the attainment of all pupils, accepting no excuses for under achievement.
1. Bachelorâ€™s degree or higher in Computer Education, Computer Science or related fields.
2. Demonstrated expertise in using and teaching basic software packages.
3. Oral and written proficiency in English and Dari and/or Pashto at 12th grade level or higher.
4. Three years or demonstrated success* as an English and Computer Skills teacher (*i.e., supervisorsâ€™ recommendations and records of studentsâ€™ progress).
5. Demonstrated ability to write lesson plans and develop curriculum from materials related to employeesâ€™ workplaces.
6. Implementing supervision /monitoring of all project activities.
7. Good Analytical and problem solving skills .
8. Ability to coordinate and strong attention to details.
9. Strong communication and organizational skills
At least 1-2 years experience in teaching ICT.