|Date Posted:||Dec 4, 2019|
|Reference:||ICU/ Sp/ Nangarhar|
|Closing Date:||Dec 18, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) is tasked with a critical mandate; to deliver and promote sustainable and accessible health care services to the people of Afghanistan. Social and economic advancement can only be realized in a thriving and healthy society. The success of the MoPH is heavily driven in its ability to plan and use allocated resources effectively. Effective financial management is therefore critical for sustainable development and is the primary tool that translates the MoPH development strategies into noticeable outcomes or service delivery. Good governance and democratic accountability relies on transparent management of the MoPH budget. Therefore, ineffective financial management undermines the effectiveness and efficiency of development interventions and hinders the country’s progress towards improved and sustainable health care. MoPH finance directorate is going through a reform process and after reviewing the structure of finance directorates of other line ministries such as MRRD, MoE and MAIL, has proposed a new and standard structure that is approved by MoPH leadership, for this purpose MoPH needs a qualified staff as head of coordination and reporting unite, to take the responsibility of overall coordination and financial reporting of MoPH.
Responsibilities of ICU Specialist includes but not limited to regular check-up of admitted patients and completion of its history, physical examination, laboratory investigation management and treatment, participation in in-service training and training of new employees and trainees.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Very good knowledge of Pashto, Dari and English Language (written and spoken).
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. History taking and completion of related documentations for admitted patients.
2. Perform complete physical examination of patients as per their need.
3. Advice, completion and accurate interpretation of laboratory and radiology exams according to patient’ needs and relevant guidelines and forms.
4. Conduct regular patient visit as needed and instructed by ICU Unit In-charge.
5. Make accurate diagnosis of patient’s illnesses in consideration to history, physical exam and laboratory exam findings.
6. Advice and manage treatment of admitted patients as per diagnosis and patient’s needs.
7. Ensure that the ICU procedures are applied for patients.
8. Counseling, managing and follow up of critically ill patients according to patient health status.
9. Assist in data collection according to data collection method and tools.
10. Participate actively in the training of new employees and trainees.
11. Follow up of specific standards, protocols, procedures, rules in regulations during daily works.
12. Built his/her self own capacity and participate in training session assigned for.
13. Provide preventive and primitive counseling in ICU Unit to the patients and clients
14. Attend Night shift duty when assigned.
15. Participate actively in the infection prevention of ICU Unit and hospital.
16. Perform other related tasks assigned by supervisor.
17. Reporting to ICU Unit In-charge.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Nangarhar
- Medical Degree attested by MoHE
- Specialization degree in general surgery or Medicine attested by MoPH.
- Strong communication skill.
- Good interaction and pleasant behavior with patients, clients and colleagues.
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-786429025
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references.
1. Main points of the TOR
2. Current medical diagnosis and treatment
3. Harrisons principals of internal medicines