|Date Posted:||Jan 24, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 4, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The main objective of the assignment is to provide support to YICC on Information, Education and Communication issue.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. IEC officer participates in the data collection activities, notably through qualitative methods (direct observation, semi-structured interviews, and focus-group discussion).
2. Checks and processes collected information according with standards, the agreed ToR and the guidelines provided the YICC manager.
3. Write frequent reports on activities and progress
4. Schedule and plan special events like celebration of youth days, etc.
5. Develop and maintain relationships with local community organizations and media outlets.
6. Check the quality of data regularly.
7. Report about the data quality to the line manager
8. Regular contact with reporting officers and manager regarding data quality issues.
9. Regular contact with local media, and reflect YICC issues regularly.
10. Assist Manager, on preparation of weekly and monthly progress reports.
11. Communicate with community mobilization unit and officers, gather data and develop reports on weekly basis.
12. Draft and translate letters and reports received from community mobilization unit, and districts.
13. Arrange meetings and provide necessary information to participants when required.
Any other task assigned by the Manager.
ï‚§ Bachelors Degree in literature, education or related field.
ï‚§ At least one year of progressively responsible professional work in the area of administration, Project management, field programme, organizing sports and cultural activities etc.
ï‚§ Experience in developing action plan and implementing programme
ï‚§ Analytical capacity and experience in program evaluation/review.
ï‚§ Strong oral and written communication skills, advocacy and negotiation skills, professional experience in developing reports and concept notes on youth volunteer activities;
ï‚§ Fluency in Dari, English and Pashto