|Date Posted:||Jul 7, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
About Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC):
The Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC) of the Afghanistan National Disaster Management Authority (ANDMA) is a regulatory body for humanitarian Mine Action Programme of Afghanistan (MAPA). Through its headquarters in Kabul and its seven regional offices, DMAC manages, coordinates and oversees the humanitarian mine action activities that are implemented by national and international non-governmental organizations and commercial companies. Mine Action has five pillars including Demining (survey, mapping, marking and clearance), Mine Risk Education, Stockpile Destruction, Victim Assistance and Advocacy. DMAC is being supported by the GIRoA and International Donors.
The incumbent will be hired by DMAC under the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) pay-agent support project and, will be stationed in the Headquarters. He/she manages the day to day works of the DMAC ICT department i.e. implementation of ICT strategies, ICT staff performance management and career development, facilitation of knowledge sharing amongst the ICT personnel and development Web-based and Workflow applications. His/her specific duties are included but not limited to the following:
Provinces to travel:
- Excellent computer skills in Windows Server, Microsoft Exchange Server (POP3 and SMTP protocols), ISA, and Microsoft Office software.
- ICDL certificate is an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of both written and spoken English as well as Dari/Pashto.
- Excellent knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, security and viral protection systems, knowledge of web design, knowledge of network administration.
- Ability to identify and develop new approaches and innovative ways and means to strengthen ICT management.
- Collaboration: Develops and maintains strong and cooperative relationships with others in the organization and across all functional areas to ensure that we achieve the best results for our programs.
- Communication: Communicates effectively individually and in groups.
- Leadership & Influence: Takes responsibility for creating a positive work environment.
- Results Oriented: Able to develop effective solutions despite ambiguity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of DMAC Head of Administration Department the ICT Officer is responsible for following activities;
- Ensures serviceability of all ICT equipment at the DMAC HQ and Regional Offices
- Leads on trouble calls related to software and hardware of all ICT assets at the DMAC HQ and Regional Offices.
- Secures and controls all DMAC ICT hardware and software at HQ and at regional levels
- Identifies and develops policy initiatives to maximize the benefits of the advanced ICT
- Maps & establish internal Standard Operating Procedures on ICT products and services
- Maintains the ICT systems in place i.e. Exchange mail server, Active Directory server
- Ensures availability of Servers, PCs and other network infrastructure with minimum downtime and reliable backup, fallback and recovery services
- Identifies ICT training/learning needs and systematically fill the ICT knowledge gaps
- Provides advices on and assistance in procurement of new ICT equipment, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets.
- Secures and control all DMAC ICT hardware and software
- Develops the tools, guidelines, and modules that will allow a better understanding and use of the new systems and technologies for ICT staff
- Ensures availability of local helpdesk services
- Ensures on availability of all relevant network connections and update anti-virus softwares
- Leads the network administrator with network administration and E-mail account creation, setup and configuration.
- Prepares all weekly and monthly reports on the ICT activities
- Regular travel to regional offices in the performance of outlined duties
- Completes additional tasks assigned by his/her superviosor
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- At least Bachelor’s degree with four (04) years of relevant experience in Information Technology.
- Proficiency in telecommunications hardware and software, IP routing and network security.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and FTP is essential.
- Solid ICT and information management strategies knowledge; proficiency in relevant hardware and software platforms and packages.
- Possess advanced technical skills related to ICT hardware and software maintenance and configuration.