|Date Posted:||Jul 12, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 24, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAFG|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
This position will require competences in public relation and information. The selected person will be expected to assist the head or information and public relation department in drafting SAO’s public relation policy and strategy. The person will also expect to provide guidance on information collection process, edit, design, publication and dissemination of information to the relevant staff.
He/she will be responsible to provide training to information and public relation department staff on journalism genres and review public opinions and audience feedback and present the result to SAO officials to take necessary actions, prepare required plans and establish suitable actionable programs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The selected person will have the following duties and responsibilities;
1. Ensure execution of information and public relation department’s policy and strategy in cooperation with relevant departments to clarify objectives, and solutions for existing challenges.
2. Draft the information and public relation procedure that elucidates the mechanisms for achieving information and public relation policy and strategy.
3. Draft monthly, quarterly and annual plan based on the strategy, policy and relevant procedures to accomplish objectives of the department.
4. Provide regular training to information and public relation department staff on information, relationships, and providing professional services for improvement of the work quality.
5. Provide regular training on journalism genres including 1) promotion genres 2) literal- promotional genres 3) irony genre
6. Provide guidance on information collection process, edit, design, publication, and dissemination of written, visual and acoustic information to the relevant staff.
7. Provide guidance on writing editorials, articles, news, reports, interviews and other analytical, quip structures to the staff, and take active part in performing them.
8. Edit SAO news and events in daily news broadcasted through media, reports, and webs and suggesting suitable decisions accordingly.
9. Establish necessary coordination for the reporters’ trips to SAO regional offices.
10. Utilize the latest information and communication technology in delivering news and providing services via SAO website.
11. Review and evaluate public opinions and audience feedback and present the result to SAO officials to take necessary actions, prepare required plans, agenda, establish suitable actionable programs.
12. Ensure media coverage from the meetings, visits, exhibitions, celebrations and internal and external events held by SAO.
13. Coordinate and fulfill national and international media demands for holding interview with the Auditor General and other SAO officials.
14. Draft and present annual program, and the budget of the information and public relation department.
15. Perform any other other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Master’s degree in Journalism or closely related field (Higher Educational degrees in journalism and communication are preferred)
Minimum of ten years’ work experience in related field;
Proven editorial skills (articles, news, reports, interviews and analytical methods);
Fluency in English language and ability to use computer programs;
Knowledge of journalism genres and types, communication and public relation