|Date Posted:||Feb 2, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Feb 11, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Public Relations|
|Salary Range:||41356 - 41356 USD undefinedUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Norwegian Refugee Council:
â€¢ The Income Generation Activities Officer [IGAO] is responsible for organizing and reproduction of the Gender Based Violence respond programmeâ€™s income generating activities based on market demand.
â€¢ The IGA Officer will be based in Jalalabad.
â€¢ The role of the IGA Officer will be to work closely with GBV programme beneficiaries, identifying training opportunities based on labour market information.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Identify the EVI beneficiaries to assess the needs of income generating
assistance and review women's role in income generating fields.
- Responsible for target area and beneficiary assessment, project planning,
implementation and monitoring.
- Make case to case skills analysis to determine the training needs.
- Identify potential income generating activities and provide advice / support for
- Monitor the use of start-up kits by the beneficiaries.
- Secure market data on employment opportunities that may be relevant to the
- Identification of trainers/ institutes for tying with trainees.
- Organize, develop and follow up the implementation plans that include labor
market assessments and job readiness skills training for beneficiaries.
- Assess , monitor and report on the vocational trainings to beneficiaries
conducted by implementing partners/ training institute.
- To effectively liaison with government officials, community groups and
international agencies in support of programme activities.
- Represent the GBV Program at networking meetings involving other
organizations engaged in related fields.
- Manage the delivery and monitoring of all training activities and employment
targets by securing and maintaining files and records of beneficiary â€“trainees.
- Participate in program planning to identify and develop ideas for projects.
â€¢ University degree in Social Science or Agriculture
â€¢ Experience in livelihood and community development projects (must)
â€¢ Knowledge in roll out of vocational/income generating activities (must) and community mobilization programs
â€¢ Understanding of returnee/IDP advocacy
â€¢ Documentation and reporting skills
â€¢ Communication skills and leadership
â€¢ Previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area, preferably with UN or INGOs.
â€¢ Fluency in written and spoken English.
â€¢ Working knowledge in Microsoft Office