|Date Posted:||Apr 26, 2017|
|Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Inf. & Public Communication Advisor|
|Closing Date:||May 8, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||7 Months|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Advisor will be responsible for providing timely technical advice, expertise and help to the Director of Information and Public Communication (DIPC) and will work under supervision of the Minister atMoMP.
Provinces to travel:
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to prepare various operational plan of the organization or project.
- Having specific skills in the related field.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- effective written communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and local languages
- Computer Skills including the ability to operate spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan based on the job description.
2. Renew old DIPC projects and develop new ones in the long-term, and prepare working plans for different units of the directorate;
3. Help with DIPC staff in selection of themes related to investment development in the mining industry, and to develop appropriate working plans for the relevant sections;
4. Prepare internal and external publication plans for MoMP (media relations, social affairs, stakeholder management, internal communications, and crisis communications) in collaboration with the DIPC;
5. Prepare and implement a public communication’s strategy in order to solidify (increase) the credibility of MoMP among national and international stakeholders or partners;
6. Review quality of translations provided by the board of translators, and deliver services in a timely manner for good performance inside the ministry;
7. Hold public awareness workshops on mining activities in provinces;
8. Develop and enhance effective media relations and coverage for the ministry;
9. Plan public awareness initiatives on mining in the country, and to provide consultations necessary for solving work problems of the directorate;
10. Perform any other duties as assigned by Mom officials in accordance with the rules, regulations and policy of the ministry.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor Degree in Journalism, Public Relations or Mass Communications, MA in the related fields is preferred.
At least 5years of work experience in relevant field
Excellent spoken and written English, Dari and Pashto skills
Excellent interpersonal communications skills
Full command of English, Dari and Pashto languages
Organizing and prioritizing
High communication skills, both orally and in writing
Ability to work under pressure