|Date Posted:||May 2, 2017|
|Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Inf. & Public Relation Expert|
|Closing Date:||May 14, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Public Relations|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Information and Public Relation Expert will be responsible for public relation of content for the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP) and will work under direct supervision of the Director of Information and Public Communication (DIPC).
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan based on the job description.
2. Establish working relationship with the relevant directorates of MoMP in order to collect materials for info. and publication in the ministry’s magazine, and other media;
3. Help with DIPC staff in selection of themes related to investment development in the mining industry, and to develop appropriate working plans for the relevant sections;
4. Prepare internal and external publication plans for MoMP (media relations, social affairs, stakeholder management, internal communications, and crisis communications) in collaboration with the DIPC;
5. Translate news, interviews and other publicity materials from Dari into English and Pashto for the MoMP’s website and magazine.
6. Review quality of translations provided by the board of translators, and deliver services in a timely manner for good performance inside the ministry;
7. Hold public awareness workshops on mining activities in provinces;
8. Develop and enhance effective media relations and coverage for the ministry;
9. Plan public awareness initiatives on mining in the country, and to provide help necessary for solving work problems of the directorate;
10. Carry out any other duties as assigned by the MoMP officials in accordance with rules, regulations and policy of the ministry.
Bachelor Degree in Journalism, Public Relations or Mass Communications, MA in the related fields is preferred.
At least 5years of work experience in relevant field
Excellent spoken and written English, Dari and Pashto skills
Excellent interpersonal communications skills
Full command of English, Dari and Pashto languages
Organizing and prioritizing
High communication skills, both orally and in writing
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to prepare various operational plan of the organization or project.
- Having specific skills in the related field.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- effective written communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and local languages
- Computer Skills including the ability to operate spreadsheet and word processing programs at a highly proficient level