|Date Posted:||Jul 28, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 8, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Audit Specialist|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Finance:
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA) has received
financing from the World Bank towards cost of the FISCAL PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT SUPPORT PROJECT (FSP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The services include Institutional development, through technical support, capacity building, and guidance to Internal Audit Department of Ministry of Finance (MOF) and other Line Ministries.
Hence Ministry of Finance now hires eligible individual consultant having relevant experience in the related areas. Interested individual consultant must provide information indicating that he/she is qualified to perform the services.
Internal Audit Department (IAD) is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve Ministry of Finance (MoF) operations. It helps the ministry to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. To discharge its roles effectively, the department has set its mission, vision and objectives.
In addition to MoF departments and offices, the IAD is also empowered to carry out internal audit of donor funded projects executed by the government agencies. Moreover having Memorandum of Understanding signed between MoF and other line ministries in strengthening their Internal Audit functions by the IAD, MoF, therefore, to carry out internal audit of government agencies including donor funded projects and capacity development of staffs of the department, it requires the services of qualified auditors.
The basic objective of the assignment is to strengthen and build the internal audit function of MoF and line ministries as per the best practices and standards of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) through capacity and institutional development.
Moreover, to carry out and lead the internal audit of relevant ministries and of donor funded projects run by government agencies. Supporting to IAD/MoF audit staffs for capacity development program is also a part of the assignment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide ongoing assurance regarding systems reliability and information quality; identify and monitor key performance indicators
2. Report on the Central / Provincial Systems’ design, enhancement and internal control
3. Suggest new or improved procedures for testing and monitoring of internal controls over systems and technology to secure access to ministry's data and assets.
4. Report on Communication and Security Policies
5. Develop an overall Information Systems Audit Plan and Programs, including
ü Audit Standards
ü Internal Control Structure, Risk Assessment and Environment
6. Undertake an objective assessment of the Systems to ensure that it encompasses all of the key controls within the following areas
ü Security policy
ü Physical security and control environment.
ü Access and network controls.
ü Careful operation: logging, auditing and monitoring.
ü Systems continuity.
ü Data Accuracy and Integrity.
ü System Process Mapping and Evaluation.
- Provide or assist in providing training to the internal auditors in conducting IS audits
- Provide written and oral reports as required.
- Conduct IT Audits of AFMIS, ASYCUDA and other IS systems, in particular, during the audit planning process, in the identification and definition of IT risks and controls to be incorporated in the proposed audit approach.
- Contribute to the development and deployment of IT Audit Programs for key areas of IT Management and key enterprise systems (i.e ERP, Internal Audit Systems etc.)
- Good knowledge of AFMIS, ASYCUDA, SIGTAS, SBPS & other Information Systems of Afghanistan would highly be preferred.
- Knowledge of Treasury, Budget, Revenue and Customs processes of Afghanistan would highly be appreciated.
- Other duties as assigned
- Conduct meetings with IS management to determine possible areas of concern
- Review job descriptions of data center employees
- Research all operating systems, software applications and data center equipment operating within the data center
- Review the ministry’s IT policies and procedures
- Evaluate the ministry’s IS budget and systems planning documentation
- Review the Information System’s disaster recovery plan and implementation.
- Based on the above reviews, develop audit objectives, audit plan, procedures for executing the plan, and audit reporting documents.
- Perform Data Manipulation of different types to ensure date security and integrity of System in MoF.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or similar, Master Degree in the mentioned disciplines is preferable.
· Additional professional certifications (i.e. CISA) are an advantage.
· Having at least Master’s degree or its equivalent degree with 5 years of working experience or having bachelor’s degree with 7 years of relevant work experience in the field of Information Systems Audit/ System Quality Assurance.
- Having Knowledge and experience of working with Database Applications such as MS SQL Server/ Oracle.
- Having Knowledge and experience of working with Programming and Software Development is preferable.
- Having at least associate level knowledge in field of Networking.
- Experience in Internal Audit is preferable.
- Knowledge of financial management, procurement is preferred.
- Proficiency in written and spoken of Pashto, Dari and English languages.
- Ability to train end users in Pashto, Dari and English Languages.
- Ability to write different types of reports related to audits in Pashto, Dari and English Languages.
Fluency in Dari, Pashto & English (reading, writing, and speaking) is must.
Proven inter-personal skills;
High integrity and accountability, leadership and good team work spirit.
Good computer operating skills (Ms. Office & internet)