|Date Posted:||Jul 2, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Computer Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Kardan University:
Ranking No. 1 in accreditation by Ministry of Higher Education of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in 2018, Kardan University is the first and largest privately-owned University in Afghanistan. Established in 2002, Kardan University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in numerous professional disciplines. With three campuses in Kabul, Kardan University currently offers quality and international standard educational opportunities to over 4,000 students in the field of Business, Economics, Political Science, International Relations, Journalism, Law, IT and Civil Engineering.
The University’s alumni group comprises of over 15,000 globally minded professionals who are contributing towards the development of Afghanistan’s public, private and non-profit sectors.
In 2018, Kardan University obtained its academic accreditation from Ministry of Higher Education and by getting the highest scores, becomes the top ranked university in Afghanistan. Kardan University becomes the only university from Afghanistan to be granted full membership at the Asia Pacific Quality Network (APQN). Kardan University is also a member of the Global Business School Network (GBSN) and is accredited by International Accreditation of Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
If you are looking for a professional and friendly working environment where employees are valued, supported, and recognized for their achievements & contribution and if you are a passionate, energetic and a results-oriented individual with strong communication skills and solid IT knowledge, this opportunity is for you. Kardan University is seeking experienced and motivated IT Manager to join our team of Management.
We offer an exciting work environment conducive to academic and professional development of our people. Kardan University offers a competitive salary in the higher education industry plus a complete benefits package that includes sponsorship of international training and workshops.
As the Information and Technology Manager, you will be leading the Team of IT professionals. You will be responsible for the university’s technology strategy and its advancement, organization-wide network system’s maintenance and development with customer service centric focus. You will play a key role in keeping the management board up to date on the latest networking technologies that could help the organization to achieve its strategy.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be expected to carry out the following duties.
System and Network Administration and IT services
· Running regular checks on network and data security
· Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software and systems
· Ensuring security of data, network access and backup systems
· Maintaining and updating all servers and work stations software and hardware on regular basis
· Activating all IT devices necessary for the University
· Coordinating with staff and departments any IT changes that may impact operations and services
· Installing, configuring and taking daily backup of servers (Database and cameras).
· Managing Hotspot services providing User Names and Passwords for faculty and administration staff and maintain stable connectivity of Internet 24 Hours.
· Maintaining stable connectivity of all campuses and residence through Point to Multi Point (Base Station, CPE, Mikrotik and UBNT) devices.
· Configure, install and maintain Voice Over IP and Queue Management systems
· Administering and monitoring an existing network to ensure uninterrupted and stable operation of client services.
· Acting in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to University policy
· Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff
· Troubleshooting and implementing systematic solutions in time
· Conducting IT surveys to improve services across Kardan’s building and campuses
· Maintaining and upgrading the existing computer science labs including Cisco lab, Journalism TV & Studio and other labs as required
· Coordinating with MIS and other departments to develop and maintain IT systems and network
· Providing direction and support to IT team
System and Network Development
· Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organization
· Designing training programs and workshops for IT staff
· Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, upgrades, migrations and outages
· Directing and managing technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
· Creating and administering disaster plans to keep the organization functional in time of crisis
· Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, IT trainings, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and maintaining healthy relations with partner organizations
· Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Master’s degree in IT or Computer Science
· Microsoft certification and Network certification will be a plus
· Minimum of five years’ experience in technology management
· Excellent knowledge of technical management and of computer hardware/software systems
· Hands-on experience with network architecture and system development
· Strong problem solving skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills