|Date Posted:||Apr 5, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Apr 18, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Tetra Tech -Women's Leadership Development:
The PROMOTE program is USAID’s largest ever investment in women’s empowerment. The Women’s Leadership Development (WLD) project is a PROMOTE component that provides capacity building, coaching, and mentoring to two groups of Afghan women: 1) The Primary Target Group includes women between the ages of 18–30 who possess at least a high school diploma, though many will also have undertaken some college, university, or technical vocational and educational training (TVET) study or possess a university degree. 2) The Secondary Target Group includes Afghan women between the ages of 15-24 who have completed primary school and perhaps some secondary schooling or TVET but who have not graduated from high school. WLD will provide opportunities for the Primary Target Group to develop advanced management and leadership skills that will enable entry and advancement into decision-making positions in mainstream social, political, and economic sectors at national or sub-national levels in Afghanistan. The Secondary Target Group will be provided with opportunities to acquire a high level of life and work skills through continued education and activities designed to promote social and economic development. Participants in each group come from diverse sectors of society and possess the aptitude, aspiration, and ambition to serve as leaders in their communities and country. Over a five-year period, more than 25,000 women will participate in WLD. As they assume leadership and decision-making positions, they are expected to enact new policies that will provide services and opportunities to benefit many more girls and women throughout the country.
The Information Technology Manager and Knowledge Management Specialist will provide overall information technology and knowledge management support for effective and efficient project implementation. This position is based in the WLD Project Office in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Establish and maintain internal IT systems and ensure proper and effective use.
2. Coordinate identification and allocation of IT and telecommunications equipment, hardware, and software in accordance with project staff roles and responsibilities.
3. Coordinate computer equipment maintenance and software installation with support of available external advisory services.
4. Ensure the on-time configuration and installation of any new equipment, hardware, and software. Secure legal licensing for all software.
5. Provide IT and telecommunications support to project staff for various activities including but not limited to: preparing and using presentation technologies; establishing, maintaining, and monitoring of electronic filing systems; and establishing appropriate file sharing. Ensure maximum use of shared resources.
6. Maintain inventory of IT and telecommunications equipment in coordination with Procurement Specialist(s).
7. Develop system and procedures to ensure timely repair/maintenance of IT and telecommunications equipment, hardware, and software.
8. Assume overall responsibility for IT security and coordinate procurement of computer and network security software.
9. Develop policies and procedures to reduce illegitimate use of IT and telecommunications equipment.
1. Support development and maintenance of knowledge management (KM) and communication platforms.
2. Coordinate and collaborate with local subcontractor Net Links Ltd and other partners on development and maintenance of KM and communication platforms.
1. Contribute to team effort by undertaking additional tasks and responsibilities as requested.
The current job description will be periodically revisited as needed to reflect current realities and project needs. Amendments can be added to that effect.
Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in computer science or similar field is required (relevant experience and another university degree may substitute for degrees mentioned).
Minimum of 5 years of experience in an equivalent position.
Experience working in a similar position for an NGO or an international organization is preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge of IT and telecommunications equipment and substantive experience providing user support to all levels.
Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels and functions within the company.
Requires an ability to work independently and as part of a team, accept responsibility, and be extremely discrete with sensitive information.
Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, must be flexible and willing to perform other duties.
High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office package, especially Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word. Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat is preferred.
Excellent language proficiency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto, and English.