|Date Posted:||Dec 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 16, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.:
On April 18, 2016, USAID launched the Assistance for the Development of Afghan Legal Access and Transparency (ADALAT) Project to improve citizen access to quality justice services. Three Sub-Purposes contribute to this overarching objective:
1. Increased effectiveness and reach of the formal justice sector,
2. Strengthened linkages between the formal and traditional justice sectors, and
3. Increased citizen demand for quality legal services.
To achieve its goals, ADALAT and Afghan justice institutions are working closely together to increase the professionalism of justice sector actors, to improve judicial administrative and management systems, and to strengthen the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) Department of the Huquq and its interaction with traditional justice actors. The project will also develop the technical, organizational, and managerial capacity of civil-society partners and support their missions to eliminate rights violations in traditional dispute resolution (TDR) and to increase citizen awareness of and demand for fair and equitable justice services.
As part of its support to the MOJ, ADALAT will assist the relevant departments of the ministry in securing resources from the national budget for the sustainable training programs for the Huquq Department professionals.
The Institutional Development/Budget Advisor will work closely with the MoJ Huquq, Finance, Budget and Administration departments in conducting a comprehensive institutional analysis in Huquq departments of MoJ across the country and prepare improvement plans and budget proposal for sustainable development of Huquq services. The Institutional Development/Budget Advisor will also assist MoJ leadership in advocating for approval of MoJ’s budget proposals with the Ministry of Finance and other relevant government entities. The Institutional Development/Budget Advisor will track the government budget calendar and assist MoJ in timely submission of quality budget proposals.
The Institutional Development/Budget Advisor will report to the ADALAT Huquq Team Leader and ADALAT COP.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specifically, the Institutional Development/Budget Advisor will undertake the following tasks in close collaboration with the relevant MoJ departments and ADALAT Huquq Team:
- Assist the MOJ in conducting a comprehensive institutional analysis and preparing plan and budgets proposal for institutionalizing and resourcing the improvement plan for Huquq Department professional staff throughout Afghanistan.
- Work with MOJ/Huquq technical experts and finance and administrative professional leadership and staff to develop professional proposals to the relevant government entities for resourcing permanent solution package via the national budget.
- Assist the MOJ in presenting its institutional analysis plan and budget proposals to the relevant government departments.
- Assist the MOJ in ongoing lobbying as need for approval of its comprehensive institutional analysis proposals.
- Report on a regular basis on the progress of the efforts.
- Travel to provinces and districts.
- Perform any other job related tasks assigned by the supervisor
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Master degree or equivalent with five years relevant experience or bachelor degree with seven years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Finance, Business Administration and other relevant fields. Candidates with MA in Business Administration with concentration in Strategic Management will be preferred.
- Proven expertise and experience in institutional planning and budgeting, preferably with the Ministry of Justice and Ministry of Finance.
- Familiarity with the Ministry of Justice and/or other Afghan government entities.
- At least 5 years of working experience in institutional development and budgeting.
- Ability to draft professional budget proposals
- Good understanding of Afghan government budgetary planning and processes
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish and maintain working relationship with the Afghan government counterparts
- Proficiency in English, Dari/Pashto languages.
Please send your CV containing your cover letter that explains your suitability to the position. Please re-name your CV by your full name while sending to us.
-Checchi is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
- Write in the subject line of your email the job title and reference number exactly such " Institutional Development/Budget Advisor 171 ", otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.