|Date Posted:||Nov 24, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 5, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About International Development Law Organization (IDLO):
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
The Institutions Analyst will support the Institutions Advisor in developing partner institutions’ capacity to better manager security, gender justice and access to justice in government institutions. The Institutions Analyst’s support will enable the Afghan partner justice institutions to improve their capacity to plan and implement security, access and gender justice programs. The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the Program, success in implementation of program strategies and ultimately advancing IDLO’s work in promoting the Rule of Law.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Advise partner justice institutions on development and execution of security and gender justice programs in line with agreed targets, standard protocols and IDLO RIIALS project workplan and strategy;
· Coordinate and participate in consultations, meetings, working groups and committees on security, access to justice, gender justice and women’s professional empowerment with partner justice institutions;
· Coordinate training and capacity development activities with targeted government official in selected institutions;
· In close cooperation with the Institutions’ management, foster partner justice institutions’ inter-departmental cooperation and communication on security, access and gender activities to support effective establishment of justice programming;
· Provide timely high-quality inputs to internal and external reports on activities and progress against deliverables and schedules, as well as thematic reports and workplans;
· Liaise with other program teams (including M&E, Institutional Development) to ensure proper implementation, coordination, monitoring and reporting of relevant program activities;
· Ensure all data collection is sex and age disaggregated
· Ensure gender analysis is mainstreamed across all activities
· Perform any other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Law or similar field. LLM would be an asset.
· At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, professional relevant experience in programming within an Afghan justice system agency, NGO, or international organization.
· Spoken and written Fluency in English and Dari is required, knowledge of Pashto and Arabic would be an advantage.
· Experience in capacity building and application of adult learning principles in a training/capacity development environment.
· Excellent project management and interpersonal skills;
· Proven experience in mainstreaming gender in analysis
· Proven experience in ensuring inclusive and representative capacity initiatives
· Experience working on security, gender, access and/or legal issues.
· Good analytical skills & basic knowledge in entering data on online databases.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Good knowledge of MS packages. Proficient use of ICT software and the internet.
· Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan.
· Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.