|Date Posted:||Sep 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 27, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees, FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches. The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about to 180,000 (men and women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
Working under supervision of Manager Internal Auditor, provides guidance and supervision to the internal audit staff to ensure performance of audit missions as per annual audit plan. Ensures that audits are being performed adequately to address areas of concern and ensure performance of work being in conformity with prescribed policies and procedures by the bank and/or regulatory authorities or sound / best business practices where no policies exist. The position shall also be responsible to assist Manager Internal Auditor in consolidation and preparation of audit reports for reviews performed.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Proficient knowledge on computers, specially accounting/audit packages, MS Office.
- Knowledge of local banking, corporate and other regulations will be a plus.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and communication (verbal and written) skills with ability to encourage discussions.
- Must be well organized and flexible and having the ability to maintain professional ethics, particularly for confidentiality and conduct responsibilities with professionalism.
- Must have excellent training, coaching and leadership skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and difficult conditions.
- Self-initiative and confident.
- Willingness to travel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning, assigning, and reviewing the work of subordinate auditors engaged in systematic and special audits.
- Evaluate control environment including soundness of financial and operating controls around various Departments of the Bank and provide recommendations on existing policies and procedures to further strengthen the same through presentation of audit reports.
- Review observations along with work papers of completed audit missions performed by audit staff as to ascertain adequacy of recorded information therein including determination of sufficiency and appropriateness of required audit evidence to form an opinion thereon.
- Review new products / services with related policies and procedures and computerized systems being proposed (before signing of to be offered) to the Bank to ensure adequacy of controls therein.
- Investigate allegations of fraud, misappropriation, or possible loss to the Bank and suggest corrective and preventive measures to avoid future mishaps.
- Any other task assigned by Manager IA and/CIA.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required and/or ACCA part qualified.
- CIA and/or CFE certification highly desired. (If not CIA or CFE, the candidate must be willing to become certified).
- A second certification/degree in a specialty field (e.g., IT, IT auditing, Fraud or fraud auditing, HR, Legal, Accounting, Microfinance or Banking). This may substitute for one year of required experience.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in related field. Previous experience in internal audit is desired. Experience in microfinance would be preferred.