|Date Posted:||Jul 6, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1Year & 11 Months|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About OXUS Afghanistan:
OXUS Afghanistan was created in 2007 with funding from MISFA and was able to build on ACTED’s experience and past programs in the country, in particular a micro-loan initiative to provide farmers with seeds and tools for sowing. OXUS Afghanistan operates 19 branches across the country and is one of the largest microfinance provider in the country.
The internal audit officer works under the supervision of the senior internal audit officer. He/she conducts field audit assignments with a high degree of autonomy, without requiring a close operational and methodological support from the audit manager. He/she has the functional responsibility to oversee and monitor the daily works done by the junior auditors. He/she supports the team members throughout the assignments, helps the team improve its capabilities through guidance, coaching and review of their work. The internal audit officer also helps the team get familiar with the OXUS staff, culture and usages. He/she reports directly to the Internal Audit manager.
Provinces to travel:
· Well-organized, professional, and objective
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
· Having knowledge of national languages
· Having knowledge of good understanding and speaking of English
· Good knowledge of accounting in the microfinance or banking sector
· Sense of risk
· Detailed-oriented, analytical and synthetic
· Committed to ethical values
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of audit missions : He/she performs the preliminary risk analysis, collects preparatory information, designs the scope of the audit work, selects the sample, and distributes audit tasks among the team of internal audit officers
- Implementation of audit missions: He/she executes audit tasks (on the field in branches and in the head office) and documents audit work by collecting audit proofs; he/she participates to meetings with auditees, supervises the work of more junior auditors and reviews in detail their working papers throughout the audit mission. Fieldwork includes client visits at their business and residence place, review of credit files, review of back-office documentation and investigation of fraud suspicions.
- Finalization of audit missions: He/she ensures the quality of the audit work performed by the team and solves pending points with management if necessary; he/she participates to the design of audit findings and recommendations. Depending on the profile, he/she may draft the preliminary audit report and present findings and recommendations to top management under the supervision of the Internal Audit manager.
- Audit methodology: He/she implements the methodology as defined by the Internal Audit standards defined within the OXUS Group; he/she coaches and trains more junior staff in the implementation of this methodology.
· Other tasks defined by the Internal Audit Manager to achieve the objectives of the Internal Audit department
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· At least 1 years of professional experience in a similar function (internal audit, external audit, risk, etc.)
· At least 4 years of experience working in the field
· A minimum bachelor degree (general)