|Date Posted:||Nov 30, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 12, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 4 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees, FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches. The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about to 180,000 (men and women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
Under the general direction of the Senior Internal Auditor and/or assigned audit in-charge, perform field-based assignments focused on portfolio verifications to assist in determination of adequacy in portfolio quality through establishment of reasonable assurance on client existence and loan utilization, including determination of loan officer compliance with in-place policies and procedures.
The position shall also be responsible to assist in operational reviews to determine compliance with existing internal control procedures related to operational activities and facilitate continuous improvement.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Work under pressure and difficult conditions.
- Observation, interview and analytical skills.
- Self-initiative and confident.
- Ability to maintain and abide with professional ethics, particularly confidentiality and integrity.
- Willingness to travel.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Check extent of compliance with established policies and procedures through auditing assigned area of responsibility including but not limited to:
Assessment of portfolio quality through field based client verifications as to obtain reasonable assurance on client existence and related loan confirmation, including loan officer compliance with in-place policies and procedures.
- Review of client loan files as to ensure completeness and adequate presentation of information therein deemed necessary to evaluate credit risk for loan approval by concerned authorities.
- Verify operational records such as examination of cash management function, client follow-up & monitoring records and retention of collateral documents, etc. to ascertain correctness and completeness of recorded information.
- Assist in performance of operational reviews at departmental / branch level to evaluate control environment in providing recommendations to further strengthen the same.
- Performance of any other duties as required, such as:
- Conducts special investigations.
- Assist external auditors in conducting their annual audit, and.
- Assist Central Bank Inspectors in conducting their annual audit.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Working experience / knowledge in related field such as administration, finance, cash management would be preferred.
- Skills and Knowledge: Working knowledge computers including MS word and MS excel
- Minimum 12th grade and high consider for bachelor.