|Date Posted:||Mar 25, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 1, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Agricultural Development Fund:
Agricultural Development Fund (ADF), is a financial institution under the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA). The ADF’s mission is to finance agriculture and agribusinesses across the country, so as to contribute to the economic development of Afghanistan. While the primary target client of the ADF is the commercial farmers, it also provides financial support to other small/large farmers, cooperatives, agricultural input suppliers, equipment dealers, processors, wholesalers and exporters; as well as to those businesses that support agriculture, such as storage facilities and the transporters. ADF provides funding to its clients both, directly and indirectly, i.e. through financial and non-financial intermediaries. Its financing activities span agricultural production, processing, trade and marketing at all levels.
The Internal Auditor reports to the Internal Audit Manager and supports all Pre-Audit and Audit activities according to both Afghanistan Development Fund (ADF) Policies and Procedures and ADF Compliance and Audit Manual. The Internal Auditor will take in the account, during his interventions, the Afghanistan Rules and Regulations and Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Best Practices.
Provinces to travel:
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Conflict management skills
· Problem solving skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare annual internal audit plan to be presented to audit committee for approval.
- Prepare Internal Audit programs for each audit assignment.
- Conduct audit after each loan disbursements to ensure the proper and transparent loan processing and loan utilization has taken place.
- Visit clients in different regions of the country and review their documents to ensure that the loan amount is utilized according to applied ADF policies and proper control has taken place.
- Evaluate financial and operational procedures to assure adequate internal controls are present.
- Examine financial transactions for accuracy and compliance with ADF policies and other applicable laws and regulations
- Examine the financial statements accuracy to ensure that the statements are presenting true and fair values as per IAS and IFRS.
- Examine the finance transaction to ensure that the Afghanistan tax is fully executed.
- Examine that the treasury activities are done in the adherence of treasury policy to safeguard ADF capital and interest.
- Examine the operation department activities to ensure that the day to day operations are performed as per procurement policy, HR manual and other ADF and GoIRA applied policies.
- Oversee the level of compliance with ADF policies and procedures in all audit assignments.
- Collaborate with ADF departments to discuss findings observed during the audit assignment.
- Takes steps to minimize the risk of noncompliance with ADF and Afghanistan Government policies and procedures
- Assist Internal Audit Director in preparation of Quarterly and Annual Internal Audit activities report.
- Assist Internal Audit Director in preparation of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Internal Audit reports.
- Develop and maintain files of supporting documents to justify the observations for all conducted audits.
- Perform any other additional task assigned by Internal Audit Manager, and or by Director of Internal Audit.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor in business administration with specialization in Finance and Accounting from accredited university or other relevant field. Candidates with ACCA or Master in finance and Accounting will be preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an equivalent position.
- Having good knowledge of ISPPIA, IFRS and IAS.
- Excellent Language proficiency in spoken and written Pashto, Dari and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Conflict management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to create a supportive working relationship with all project teams
- Ability to work under pressure