|Date Posted:||Mar 12, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 27, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS) is a self-sufficient and independent corporation established under Islamic Republic of Afghanistan’s Joint Stock and Limited liability corporations’ act. This corporation changed legal entity and replaced Da Afghanistan Breshna Mosesa (Afghanistan electricity company), as a national electricity corporation on 15th of Sawr 1387 SH, in accordance with May 04, 2008. Da Afghanistan Breshan sherkat (DABS) commercially manages generation, import, transmission and distribution of the power electricity across the country.
The internal Audits Scope in accomplishing its duties will include (not be limited to) the following activities:
Requires travel to provinces:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, ability to plan, develops, and coordinates multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of office management principles and procedures and general accounting principles.
- Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures as applied to government and donor.
- Effective verbal and written Communication and Computer Skills.
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing either in English and national languages
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Prepare the annual internal audit plan within one month of the contract signing date.
2. Review accuracy and propriety of financial transactions
3. Review financial and operational procedures for adequacy of internal controls and provide advice and guidance on control aspects of new policies, processes systems.
4. Recommend enhanced procedures to mitigate risks identified during regular reviews of internal controls
5. Review fixed assets management including physical fixed assets verification.
6. Review compliance with the ministry policies and procedures, and Government laws and regulations of Afghanistan.
7. Evaluate the accuracy, effectiveness, and efficiency of the electronic information and processing systems, such as financial management system and Procurement management system.
8. Internal Audit Specialist should review that cost effectiveness of institutions rely on legal documents.
9. Review the effectiveness and efficiency of DABS system in accomplishing mission and recommend operational opportunities for cost savings and revenue enhancements if any.
10. Coordinate audit efforts with, and provide assistance to, the Audit committee and external auditors.
11. Should prepare a consolidated by-annual report covering all the four projects. The IAD has the make sure that the bi-annual reports are regularly shared with the DABS leadership and a copy is shared with the Bank
12. Prepare annual audit work plan, and also quarterly plans for World Bank Funded projects focusing on development budget.
13. Conduct audit of accounting and financial data, review internal controls and processes according to the work plan.
14. Coordinate with internal audit department.
15. Coordinate and follow up on the audit findings with audit department of DABS. The auditor should also produce the follow up reports.
16. In case of violations and violations of laws and regulations, it is the responsibility of specialist to identify the problem and recommend appropriate measure for resolution and to strengthen controls.
17. Assess and evaluate project’s expenditures with all its specific supporting documents according to necessities, efficiency and effectiveness, and aligned with allotment received and issued by budget department to DABS.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1.The candidate should have CIA/ACCA professional level with minimum 1 years audit firm experience or Masters’ in commerce with 2 years of audit firm experience. The overall experience should be 5 years.
2.The Consultant is preferable to have experience in providing internal audit consultant services, external audit and experience in the implementation of projects funded by foreign organizations, especially the projects funded by the World Bank; and have experience in applying International Standards for the Professional Practice Internal Audit”