|Date Posted:||Jun 28, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 11, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
MAIL-CDRRP (Climate-Induced Disaster Risk Reduction Project)
Rural livelihoods in Afghanistan are threatened by the impacts of climate change, specifically those associated with climate-induced disasters. Total annual precipitation will decrease, with greater variety between seasons. This leads to increase in severity and frequency of climate-induced disasters such as flooding, drought, and landslides; resulting in loss of life, agriculture crops and livestock, and displacement of communities. Rural communities in Jawzjan and Nangarhar provinces have limited resources to invest in adaptation measures to reduce risks associated with these disasters.
The Adapting Afghan Communities to Climate-induced Disaster Risks project aims at promoting community-based and gender-sensitive adaptation to the impacts of climate change in the two provinces through implementation of activities under four complementary components: Firstly, the project will build capacities for decision-making on and implementation of gender-sensitive climate-induced disaster risk reduction measures. Secondly, community-based early warning systems will be established to improve monitoring and response to climate-induced disasters. The third component will introduce climate-resilient livelihood options within the target communities with focus on women, youth, and other marginalized groups; and construct climate-resilient habitats and shelters. Finally, the project will develop capacities of national and sub-national institutions to integrate climate change into development planning. The project is a joint intervention between MAIL and UNDP, and will be implemented by MAIL as part of the ministry’s Central Programme Office for Natural Resources Management (CPO-NRM).
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Confirm compliance with laws, regulations and Government Guidelines mandated by the approved framework documents for PROJECT, as well as the normal financial;
· Confirm documents’ compliance, approval and validity before final approval;
· Ensure that the sub project disbursement made are within approved budget and are authorized by delegated officers and according to the Project contract condition, procurement law and PROJECT rules and regulations.
· Determine the accuracy, correctness and validity of all financial transactions;
· Ensure that the financial and operational procedures are adhered to for adequacy and effectiveness of all financial and non-financial transactions
· Ensure that assets are adequately safeguarded against loss;
· Ensure high level of compliance with PROJECT guidelines, policies and procedures;
· Ensure compliance with the government laws and regulations on all procurement and financial transactions
· Ensure that proper controls are incorporated in the PROJECT's electronic information and processing systems and review major modifications to ensure the inclusion of all necessary controls;
· Review specific processes such as cash collection, payroll, procurement etc;
Perform ad hoc reviews on financial, HR, administrative, program and procurement systems for adherence to accepted guidelines and standards;
· Co-operate with the External Auditors to facilitate their tasks and ensure that audit recommendations are implemented
Report to the project manager
· Any other tasks assigned by the Project Manager
· Experience and Skills Required:
· Bachelor’s Degree and (4) years of progressively responsible professional experience directly related to the field.
· Experience working with government as a counterpart is an asset
· Strong knowledge and understanding of financial laws, rules and regulations of Afghanistan.
· Good understanding and ability to use Micro Soft Office programs
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diligence, diplomacy and willingness to listen
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area such as Economics, Accounting, Business administration, Finance and/or related field
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
All interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualifications, should apply online by sending their updated CV and Cover letter to jobs.
Please don’t forget to type the Vacancy Announcement Number (CDRRP-47) and position name in Subject while applying online.
Please note that Applications after the deadline will not be considered.
Qualified Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.