|Date Posted:||May 4, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 8, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAFG|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan Cricket Board:
The Afghanistan Cricket Board was established in 2001. It is an independent and specialized organization in the field of Cricket. It works for the development of cricket, and players in the country, and organizes different formats of opportunities aiming to improve cricket and support players. ACB is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Therefore, applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience
An internal controller basic responsibilities are to ensure the implementation and monitor compliance according to ACB policies and procedures. He will help to keep ACB from engaging in potentially illegal or unethical activities that might produce future potential risks. He will be involved in legal compliance, accounting and audit activities. The internal controller position is much larger in a small business, where the position is also responsible for risk management, the controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the ACB, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risks
The internal controller will be reporting to head of Internal Audit department
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. The internal controller is responsible for rheostat overall purchasing issues of the ACB including budgeting and other expenses to prevent fraud and misuse of ACB assets and capital.
2. Review and research evidence/documents to analyze the overall fact pattern of claim and synthesize data into a professional report with recommendations
3. Manage and prioritize a large and varied caseload effectively and efficiently to achieve positive results
4. Assisting internal auditor in process of reviewing data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, and expenditures.
5. Counts cash on hand, inspects notes receivable and payable, negotiable securities, and canceled checks.
6. Assisting in the process of preparing detailed reports on audit findings.
7. Procurement policy and implementation.
8. Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
9. Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
10. Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
11. Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
12. Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
13. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
14. Control all aspects of each documentation on multiple simultaneous projects like training camps, tournaments, and other expenses, utilizing various control methods/systems.
15. Prepare, operate and update Document Control Procedures in line with the ACB policies.
16. Ensure proper document control support is given to each document or expenses categorized.
17. Produce and maintain Document Progress Reports to supervisor on time.
18. Perform all internal auditor activities as it assigned.
19. To perform any related task which assigned by head of internal audit department
The internal controller may be required to travel extensively around the country.
Must be able to travel and balance work/life priorities.
BBA in finance or accounting
3-years of relevant experience or progressively responsible experience for a major government organization or multinational companies
Strong understanding of theoretical and practical cricket issues including familiarity with ICC and ACC rules
Ability to use different accounting software
Writing skills and demonstrated the ability to develop written reports and action plans in both English and local languages.
Effective communication skills to communicate effectively with all concerned staff.