|Date Posted:||Apr 27, 2010|
|Closing Date:||May 12, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
2. Purpose of the Position
The consultant is expected to make comprehensive study and analysis of youth issues in Afghanistan, role of youth in national reconstruction, youth related programmes across the ministries, priorities of youths for developing National Youth Policy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
3. Description of Assignment: The Consultant will be responsible for developing National Youth Policy. This will include the following specific tasks:
1. Study, examine and analyze all youth related issues in Afghanistan for identify the thrust areas for youth development for mainstreaming these areas into National Youth Policy.
2. Examine important National Policies of Afghanistan for identifying strategic opportunities for mainstreaming youth in National Policies
3. Maintain productive relationship with all the stakeholders such as ministries, provincial offices, PRT, UN agencies, NGOs and others working for youth and will incorporate their views in developing National Youth Policy
4. Sensitize Deputy Ministry of Youth Affairs and Provincial Youth Directors and other stakeholders to the needs for a National Youth Policy
5. Undertake field visits to discuss with stakeholders especially youths, religious leaders, elders, parents, NGOs working in the fields about the problems and solutions
6. Establish a small secretariat in the Deputy Ministry of Youth Affairs consisting of one national expert and himself to develop the draft National Youth Policy with inputs from the Deputy Ministry Staff and select working group. The select working group will consist of few selected member from the society having relevant knowledge of the subject and youth representatives.
7. Organize national level consultations, workshops, seminars with eminent Personalities from the community such as representatives of youth forums, academicians, opinion makers, youth representatives, policy makers, international donor community, and UN representatives for discussing youth issues to be incorporated into National Youth Policy, consolidation of feedback and editing of draft National Youth Policy.
8. Circulation of draft policy nationally to Youth Specialists.
9. Incorporation of comments and amendments to the draft policy and preparation of First Draft National Youth Policy.
10. Planning a national strategy and work plan for the implementation of National Youth Policy, development of indicators Dissemination of the National Youth Policy to the various Ministries
11. Setting up of a monitoring and implementation committee for the implementation of National Youth Policy on approval by competent authority
4. Qualification or specialized knowledge/experience required for the assignment:
ï‚§ Masters Degree in social science or related field.
ï‚§ At least five years of progressively responsible professional work in the area of policy formulation, youth development, and volunteer programme management/development and youth participation.
ï‚§ Analytical capacity and experience in program evaluation/review and needs assessment.
ï‚§ Previous experience in project management and proven skills of coordination with multi partners of government, NGOs and UN agencies.
ï‚§ Strong oral and written communication skills, advocacy and negotiation skills, professional experience in developing national policies;
ï‚§ Fluency in English is must, Dari and Pashto will be asset