|Date Posted:||Apr 27, 2010|
|Closing Date:||May 12, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Deputy Ministry of Youth Affairs:
2. Purpose of the Position
The consultant is expected to make comprehensive study and analysis of youth issues in Afghanistan, who will
1. Conduct study on establishment of National Youth Volunteer Services in Afghanistan and submit a report
2. Conduct pilot volunteer activity in one of the province
3. Prepare a programme document for National Youth Volunteer Services in Afghanistan,
Duties & Responsibilities:
3. Description of Assignment: The Consultant will be responsible for developing feasibility report, implementing pilot volunteer activity, recommendations and develop a programme for establishing Youth Volunteerism in Afghanistan. This will include the following specific tasks:
ï‚§ Study, examine and analyse youth volunteerism related issues in Afghanistan and identify the areas important for establishing youth volunteerism in Afghanistan.
ï‚§ Sensitize Deputy Ministry of Youth Affairs and Provincial Youth Directors and other stakeholders to the needs for Youth Volunteer Service (YVS)
ï‚§ Undertake field visits to discuss with stakeholders especially youths, religious leaders, elders, parents, NGOs working in the fields of youth volunteerism
ï‚§ Assess and identify the existing national volunteer involving organizations, indigenous structure and establish strong linkages with Youth Volunteer Service program.
ï‚§ Implement a pilot volunteer activity in one of the province and use the pilot experience in developing feasibility report and developing programme.
ï‚§ Based on the needs of the government, identify potential training providers and resources to train youth on relevant services.
ï‚§ Assess and identify role of different youth civil societies, youth groups, Youth Directorates toward implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the YVS.
1. Prepare a final report with key findings, action points and recommendations. Present the report in a Workshop planned for this purpose.
2. Present the findings of pilot volunteer activity in the workshop
3. Present the programme on the Youth Volunteer Programme.
4. Qualification or specialized knowledge/experience required for the assignment:
ï‚§ Masters Degree in social science or related field.
ï‚§ At least five years of progressively responsible professional work in the area of youth development, volunteer programme management/development and youth participation.
ï‚§ Analytical capacity and experience in program evaluation/review and needs assessment.
ï‚§ Previous experience in project management and proven skills of coordination with multi partners of government, NGOs and UN agencies.
ï‚§ Strong oral and written communication skills, advocacy and negotiation skills, professional experience in developing reports and concept notes on youth volunteer activities;
ï‚§ Fluency in English is must, Dari and Pashto will be asset