|Date Posted:||May 2, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 15, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Electrical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
د افغانستان برشنا شرکت یک شرکت خود کفا و مستقل است که طبق قانون شرکت های سهامی و محدود المسولیت جمهوری اسلامی افغانستان ایجاد گردیده است. د افغانستان برشنا شرکت با تمام اسهام سرمایه خود یک شرکت محدود المسئولیت بوده که به دولت افغانستان تعلق دارد. شرکت مذکور به تاریخ 15 ثور 1387 مطابق 4 می 2008 به د افغانستان برشنا شرکت تغییر شخصیت نمود و بحیث یک شرکت ملی برق جایگزین د افغانستان برشنا موسسه گردید. د افغانستان برشنا شرکت تولید، تورید، انتقال و توزیع برق را بگونه تجارتی در سراسر افغانستان تنظیم و اداره می نماید.
DABS is intend to recruit an individual international Electrical Engineer to help Working Group of World Bank Funded Projects established by DABS in executing all its projects, the main objective of this assignment is to assist the World Bank funded project Working Group to:
(a) Ongoing work of Rehabilitation on Unit 1, Overhauling of Unit 3 and supply of spare parts for NHRP,
(b) Rehabilitation of Naghlu and Mahipar Sub-Station works under APSDP.
(c) Assist the Herat electrification project manager in smooth implementation of the project.
(d) Contribute on DABS planning and capacity support project.
(e) Prepare Proposals, TORs and BOQs and Specification for the tendering as per World Bank standard formats.
(f) The electrical engineer shall supervise the Contractors/firms work at sites and manage in accordance with the work plan, and
(g) The individual shall support DABS in strengthening of PIU for upcoming World Bank projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Electrical engineer will be responsible for below activities under Herat Electrification Project:
1. To review and approve electrical detail designs, layouts, SLD for all substations, Transmission Line and related Distribution Networks.
2. Support PIU in preparation of feasibility study and load survey for distribution and transmission line and substations.
3. Assist DABS team in Supervision of the Substations and Transmission Line’s contractors.
4. The electrical engineer will be responsible to report the outstanding problem to DABS World Bank funded project Director and COO.
5. The individual shall assist Project manager in monitoring the project progress.
6. Support team in preparation of Technical reports on monthly/ Quarterly basis.
7. Any additional assignment given by WB funded projects Head.
8. If required, individual will visit the site on regular basis to assess the work progress and quality of work done by contractor.
9. Review, check and approval of all major electrical equipment supplied by the contractor.
Naghlu Hydropower Rehabilitation Project:
1. The electrical engineer shall assist and advise project manager in monitoring associated electrical work for rehabilitation of unit 1 and overhauling of unit 3.
2. Assist the site engineer and DABS in solving outstanding challenges with the contractors.
3. Managing and attending weekly and monthly meeting with the contractors to ensure the smooth progress on the contractor works.
4. To provide technical support to teams of engineers and electrician in their undertaking of disassembly / assembly / Inspection of the shaft.
5. To review the design shaft documents and ensure DABS that the shaft is as per the order.
6. To assist DABS in preparation of specification for mandatory spare parts of the plant.
7. Arrangement of safety measures for protection of workers and equipment during handling, shifting and installing different components of plant.
8. To provide technical advice to operational and support departments in the daily operation of the facility.
9. To train teams and staff in developed or modified processes and procedures.
10. To provide O&M manual for NHPP.
11. To provide technical support for NHRP electrification project surrounding the reservoir.
12. Close coordination with DABS COO in solving the outstanding problems of the projects.
13. Support NHRP project implementation team in preparation and extension of electrification program.
14. To provide technical advice to operational and support departments in the daily operation of the facility.
15. Co-ordinate work schedules and supervise team activities to ensure efficient operation.
16. To monitor and where necessary certify work has been accomplished in compliance with airworthiness and company requirements.
17. To undertake any additional tasks and responsibilities that may be assigned by Head of World Bank funded Projects.
The individual will assist the APSDP project:
1. To assist APSDP manager in preparation of the project close out report.
2. The consultant will support DABS in supervision of Charikar, Pulikhumri and Jabal Sarag distribution networks.
3. To assist in preparation of RFQ for any electrical equipment required for Switchyard of Naghlu Substation.
4. Any additional assignment given by WB funded projects Head.
The individual shall contribute on DABS planning and capacity support project for:
1. To support DPCSP team in preparation of training need assessment for all DABS staff.
2. To assist the project manager to supervise the staff capacity building project.
3. To assist DABS in approval of electrical design of DABS training center.
4. To assist the Project Manager in supervision the work of the contractor of training center to ensure DABS the project is advancing as per the contract.
5. The individual will review the training Aid equipment if need to modify the specification and equipment.
6. The individual will be responsible to prepare the cost estimation for the training aid equipment.
The consultant will be responsible for below additional works which are not limited to:
1. Support DABS World Bank funded Projects Working Group during the procurement process, up to and including the award of contract.
2. Address all received comments on the technical bidding documents.
3. Responsible as permanent member of technical evaluation committee.
4. Will assist DABS in preparation of ToRs/Proposal for projects.
5. The individual will support DABS World Bank funded Project working group in coordination, facilitation, management, monitoring, check, review, quality control/assurance of the entire process of projects,
1. Should have Master Degree in Electrical Engineering from recognized University with 10 year experience in energy sector (Substation Design and Construction/ Transmission Lines and Distribution Networks) or Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering from recognized University with 15 year experience in energy sector (Substation Design and Construction/ Transmission Lines and Distribution Networks).
2. Experience in power generation shall be an added advantage.
3. Experience in Afghanistan shall be added advantage.
1. Fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English Language, understanding of local languages (Pashto-Dari) shall be an added advantage.