|Date Posted:||Mar 17, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 15, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
About Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission :
The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 2002 as an independent budgetary unit in the government of Afghanistan charged with establishing and strengthening robust institutions of public administration, merit-based recruitment of civil servants, regulating civil servant’s affairs and training and professional development of civil servants. The Commission comprises an Independent Appointment Board and an Independent Appeals Board. The Civil Service Management department and the Afghanistan Civil Service Institute are the two other major departments in the Commission.
The IARCSC mission is to lead the reform and professionalization of civil service administration and management and to recruit and develop civil servants on the basis of merit, through an impartial, transparent and accountable process.
The Tackling Afghanistan Government’s HRM and Institutional Reform (TAGHIR)
TAGHIR directly responds to the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) – including its development priority on “Building a responsive and effective public administration systme."
The overall objective of TAGHIR is to strengthen the capacity of selected line ministries and agencies through merit-based recruitment of key positions, improved personnel management, and better HR planning.
TAGHIR is being co-financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group. The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) will implement the project on behalf of the GoIRA.
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
The International Legislation Advisor will be based in the consultants section of Legislation and Policies Department and will be responsible for providing technical support and guidance to the Legislation and Policies Department of CSMD about the relevant subject matters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The International Legislation Advisor is expected to:
· Contribute in providing the initial draft of the Basic Organic Law;
· Explain, substantiate and support any recommendations to alter, amend, and/or change the current civil service legal-regulatory framework;
· So as to promote the sustainability of the civil servants law; identify the impact of any amendment(s) recommended in other Afghanistan laws such as the Labour Law, the Civil Service Law and other relevant legislations;
· Propose a strategy for the implementation of any changes and/or amendments to the current legislations;
· In consultation with the relevant IARCSC leadership, staff, and advisors, assist in the development of periodic and ad hoc reports/briefings as may be required for relevant GIRoA and donor agency officials;
· Other activities as assigned by the Policies and Legislation Director.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Masters in Law or Public Administration and Law. Candidates with Ph.D. will be given preference in the same field.
- 10 years of relevant experience in legislation and drafting of legal documents, preferably working with the public administration and governments.
- Knowledge of Afghanistan’s Law; especially the laws governing the civil service.