|Date Posted:||Jun 24, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 8, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
DAI is implementing the USAID funded Afghanistan Competitiveness of Export-Oriented Businesses Activity (ACEBA) Program. The objective of this program is to enhance capacities of Afghan exporters and micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) associated with export-oriented value chains, such as carpets, marble and granite, gemstones and jewelry, textiles, and cashmere as a means of promoting sustainable economic growth and increasing employment.
The International Procurement Specialist will have overall responsibility for the international procurement and transportation of goods to be contributed by ACEBA through approved EAF grants and subcontracts. The majority of goods are manufacturing equipment lines, machinery, and commercial grade fabrication or production equipment. The procurement process begins at the EAF application development stage when specifications are developed for proposed equipment, and continues to the point at which equipment is delivered to an EAF partner's site. He/she will work closely with the Grants, Contracts and Compliance team, ACEBA environmental engineers, value chain managers, short term technical experts, and remotely based technology transfer specialist. He/she will ensure that all international procurement is undertaken in a timely manner, according to applicable US Government regulations and established ACEBA procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
OBJECTIVE AND DUTIES:
• Upon the development of equipment specifications for EAF applications across ACEBA’s value chains (through the use of Capital Investment Specification Forms ‐ CISFs), obtain approval of CISF form from Chief of Party;
• Obtain agreement from EAF partners prior to issue of a Procurement Requisition;
• Develop and release Requests for Quotations for equipment, to be distributed internationally;
• Actively identify global vendors/suppliers able to provide equipment to specifications outlined in the CISFs (particularly specialized equipment for which RFQs may generate little interest);
• Discuss and clarify with vendors on quotations and specifications received to determine whether such matches with the RFQ;
• Evaluate quotations and specifications provided by vendors and logistics/transportation companies;
• Support vendor/supplier selection, including justification and submission of necessary documentation to support selection (where necessary, preparation of sole source justification);
• Negotiate with selected vendors/suppliers on prices and payment schedules, maintain positive and productive relationships with vendors, EAF partners and logistics/transportation companies;
• Vet potential vendors, including collection of relevant documentation and information required by Kabul Vetting Support Unit;
• Prepare Source Selection Memos and Purchase Orders, and submit for approval to senior management;
• Manage payment schedules;
• Organize equipment inspections, review inspection reports and liaise with vendors to fix deficiencies;
• Oversee transportation between vendor and site ‐ RFQ for transportation companies, review and evaluation of quotations, PO preparation and contracting, and payments, etc;
• Prepare relevant documentation for customs clearance;
• Liaise with Implementation Managers on the process of procurement so as to ensure effective coordination with EAF partners.
• Arrangement of shipment consolidation and tracking shipments;
• Ensuring compliance with DAI policies, US Federal Acquisition Regulations, Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulations (AIDAR), USAID Mission Orders and other applicable rules and regulations;
• Preparing cargo list for insurance purposes;
• Maintaining procurement files in accordance with applicable policies and procedures;
• Maintaining high standards of administrative compliance within TAMIS;
• Other activities of a similar nature requested by the DCOP, Senior Implementation Services Director and COP.
• Bachelor’s Degree with 4 years’ experience in a related field
• Procurement experience on USAID-funded projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable procurement-related USG & Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) regulations preferred;
• Experience in high value international procurements of a range of goods, including liaising between stakeholders and vendors, delivery and disposition ‐ preferably within the framework of USAID or US Government funded contracts;
• Proven ability to handle large amounts of information in an organized manner and with attention to detail;
• Proven ability to meet strict deadlines while not compromising quality of output;
• Oral and written fluency in English required. Dari, Pashto, and/or other language skills also beneficial.
The International Procurement Specialist will be based in the ACEBA Main Office in Kabul and will report to the Senior Implementation Services Director.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
To apply: Please send your CV & Covering letter to below email address and include International Procurement Specialist in the subject line of the application
Note: Applications without specific subject line will not be considered