|Date Posted:||Jul 17, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jul 30, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About CTG Global Limited:
CTG Global is a Personnel Management Service Company specialised in Recruitment, Management Consultancy,and Human Resources management services in countries experiencing or emerging from armed conflicts, natural disasters, or acute social and economic crises worldwide. CTG Global provides tailored personnel management support enabling a growing number of public and private sector agencies and individuals to achieve their objectives in complex and challenging environments. CTG Global clients in Afghanistan currently comprise government, UN agencies, non-government organizations (NGOs), and different businesses such a security companies.
The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for Structural Designs and joint supervision and capacity building of a team of National Design Engineers. Upon completion of design phase, site supervision and required design modifications / as constructed database will be required. The incumbent will work as an integral part of the project team, which is lead by the IOM Program Manager, to perform the following duties:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Responsible for ensuring that all designs produced are in accordance with the requirements for completeness, accuracy, constructability, and compliance to seismic requirements of the International Building Code (IBC) and NFPA101 life safety codes.
2) Coordinating technical drawings with those of design architect, assisting the national designers in designing a building that meets applicable codes and standards, highly resistant to earthquake motion while providing the best combination of cost, construction efficiency and system durability available in Afghanistan.
3) Design of structural drawings, from schematic design through to working drawings; preparing and coordinating structural specifications and compile the final design package (drawings, specifications, design analysis, design calculations, and bills of quantities) in close coordination with the Chief Architect.
4) Provide Code Analysis for each building type.
5) Evaluate geotechnical reports, and calculate structural design accordingly.
6) Provide structural design analysis.
7) Provide feasible building systems that employ standard construction techniques following established design parameters.
8) Meet individual project budgets and schedules.
9) Attend and participate in design or pre-construction conferences and other meetings with clients as necessary to establish design parameters.
10) Coordinate schedule of drawings for contract documents.
11) Communicate with the project manager, client, other disciplines and consultants as required.
12) Prepare or assist in preparation of construction administration phase documents.
13) Conduct on-site meetings to assist in clarifying technical design elements as required.
14) Offer support as requested to all IOM colleagues on design and other technical matters.
15) Assist in the development of future project proposals.
16) Perform other project-related duties as may be assigned by the Program Manager or Design Manager/Chief Architect.
(Education, experience and competencies)
â€¢ Higher Education from an accredited institution.
â€¢ Structural engineering background with a good understanding of the construction
Essential experience and qualifications:
â€¢ At least 10 years experience in structural design of complex buildings.
â€¢ Experienced in managing a staff of design engineers.
â€¢ Experienced in the planning, implementation and completion of building projects.
â€¢ Experienced in reinforced concrete, steel frame and prefabricated vertical structures.
â€¢ Good knowledge on contemporary construction materials.
â€¢ Must have good Code knowledge (IBC, ASCE, NFPA, ACI etc).
â€¢ AutoCAD proficiency.
â€¢ Experience of finite element analysis and dynamic analysis of structures and related softwareâ€™s (ETABS, SAP 2000, SAFE, etc.).