|Date Posted:||Aug 6, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 24, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Electrical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||10 - 15 Years|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS) is an independent and autonomous company established under The Corporations and Limited Liabilities Law of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (IROA). DABS is a limited liability company with all its equity shares owned by the Government of Afghanistan (GoA). The company was incorporated on 4th May 2008 (15 Saur 1387) and replaces Da Afghanistan Breshna Moassassa (DABM) as the national power utility. DABS will operate and manage electric power generation, import, transmission, and distribution throughout Afghanistan on a commercial basis.
Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS), Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the DABS Planning and capacity support project (DPCSP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for hiring a Senior International Transmission Line Engineer.
The DABS now invites Expression of Interest (EOI) from interested and eligible individual consulting (“Consultants”) to provide the consulting services for the preparation of feasibility studies, detail design of DABS projects and provide capacity building of DABS engineers.
The expert is responsible for but not limited to:
Requires travel to provinces:
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations, as well as respond to questions with fellow employees, industry contacts.
Abilities: Ability to communicate and work effectively with persons of various cultures and religions; outstanding ability to determine and review priorities, plan and meet deadlines; and willingness to work in a high-pressure environment; ability and willingness to multi-task; Professionalism in appearance and demeanor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide comprehensive engineering design services for substation facilities, and to ensure that these facilities are constructed on schedule and within committed resource allocations. Provide leadership, training, and direction to fellow staff members.
· Develops economical, technically feasible, reliable substation physical and control designs with minimal supervision and guidance.
· Ensures quality control on assigned projects by providing construction support as needed, including coordination with construction forces and job site inspections.
· Develops and implements a training plan to mentor DABS planning substation engineers through the on job training in design of substations and other relevant topics
· Provides assistance and guidance to other departments and districts in the solution of non-standard substation design problems.
· Perform review of substation design prepared by contractors and provide suggestion for improvement of the design.
· Prepare procedure and check list for factory acceptance test of substation equipment.
· Prepared manual, procedure and check list for substation design and construction quality control and assurance.
· Provides accurate cost estimates for use in company budgeting procedures such that cash flow requirements are identified.
· Provides input for development of detailed project schedules and update project management system to reflect the status of projects assigned.
· Ensure all compliance aspects of position are known and followed; understands and complies with all policies, codes and regulations applicable to position and company.
· Provides professional engineering support in development of substation plans, system studies of interconnection feasibility, substation upgrades, and generation expansion to accommodate SPP transmission service requests and generation interconnection requests.
· Serves as subject matter expert for technical issues, engineering information, reporting, and modeling. Performs substation system planning.
· Functions as a staff specialist in application of advanced theories, concepts, principles and processes.
· Serves as the technical expert on engineering planning and reliability matters, assisting other individuals and departments in the accomplishment of their duties.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Electrical (BSEE) degree and Master degree is preferable
· Substation/control engineering principals and knowledge of other phases of engineering.
· Areas of cost control, budgets, finance, and accounting with technical experiences in cost analysis.
· Good understanding and knowledge of relay wiring and control
· Experience in the design of substation including, structure design and analysis, and development of construction packages.
· Ten (10) or more years of experience as substation design engineer as outlined above
· Professional Engineering license (PE) is recommended
· Knowledge of field program planning, project management, EPC projects, and substation construction
· Distribution/underbuilt design experience is a plus
· Understanding of ANSI, ASTM, ASCE, and IEC standards
· Managerial and leadership skills