|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 26, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Electrical Engineering|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS) is an independent and autonomous company established under The Corporations and Limited Liabilities Law of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (IROA). DABS is a limited liability company with all its equity shares owned by the Government of Afghanistan (GoA). The company was incorporated on 4th May 2008 (15 Saur 1387) and replaces Da Afghanistan Breshna Moassassa (DABM) as the national power utility. DABS will operate and manage electric power generation, import, transmission, and distribution throughout Afghanistan on a commercial basis.
Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS), Islamic Republic of Afghanistan has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the DABS Planning and capacity support project (DPCSP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for hiring a Senior International Transmission Line Engineer.
The DABS now invites Expression of Interest (EOI) from interested and eligible individual consulting (“Consultants”) to provide the consulting services for the preparation of feasibility studies, detail design of DABS projects and provide capacity building of DABS engineers.
The expert is responsible for but not limited to:
Requires travel to provinces:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations, as well as respond to questions with fellow employees, industry contacts.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
This position requires Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification preferred. Highly recommended for Professional engineer (P.E.) certification is required for employment at the Senior Level.
Abilities: Ability to communicate and work effectively with persons of various cultures and religions; outstanding ability to determine and review priorities, plan and meet deadlines; and willingness to work in a high-pressure environment; ability and willingness to multi-task; Professionalism in appearance and demeanor.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides professional engineering support in development of long-range transmission plans and designs, system studies of interconnection feasibility, transmission upgrades, and generation expansion to accommodate SPP transmission service requests and generation interconnection requests.
• Serves as subject matter expert for technical issues, engineering information, reporting, and modeling. Performs transmission system planning, including load/zone and baseline reliability studies. Functions as a staff specialist in application of advanced theories, concepts, principles and processes.
• Develops and implements a training plan to mentor DABS planning substation engineers through the on job training in development and design of transmission lines and other relevant topics
• Make necessary inputs and advice to the engineering team and to DABS –Deputy planning COO transmission line and transmission substation technical matters.
• Coordinate field surveys, necessary additional studies for the subproject to ensure that the line and substations meet overall requirements of the projects.
• Coordinate to review all reports, drawings and plans prepared by or for DABS Deputy COO and related to the proposed subproject until bid preparation.
• Contribute to capacity building of DABS counterpart staff.
• Prepare regular reports in accordance with DABS's requirements.
• Support DABS COO in administration of the preparation of all turnkey contracts for the Project.
• Transmission Line Design complete including selection of route alignment, reconnaissance survey, detail survey, plan and profiling, Tower spotting and optimization on PLS CADD software, check survey & contouring, demarcation of tower in the field, geo-technical and soil investigation, tower classifications and design including all types of body and leg extensions, tower structures and Foundations Design & drawings, revision of Tower Design supplied by the Clients, produce all necessary design and drawings as required.
• Prepare project designs, documentation and bidding documents including and not limited to the; technical specifications, performance specifications, schedules and drawings; with assistance of other national engineer of the Transmission lines & Substations for the subprojects on a turnkey basis and submit report with incorporation of the comments by DABS Deputy COO on the draft bidding documents and finalize the draft bidding documents until approved by DABS.
• Prepare Quality Assurance Plan for implementation during the construction.
• Perform periodic quality control for under construction transmission project
• Prepare manual and check list for quality control and quality assurance of transmission projects
• Perform review of transmission line design submitted by contractors, provide suggestion for improvement of design and recommendation to mitigate issues during implementation of project
• Prepare check list, procedure, forms and report template for factory acceptance test of transmission project equipment.
• Monitoring project progress against plan, report on progress, and propose remedial measures as necessary.
• Lead the national experts’ team to prepare detail cost estimate for subprojects
• Conduct other duties as reasonably requested by DABS Deputy COO.
• Provide inputs and advice to the project team and to Deputy COO on transmission line technical matters and bid document preparation.
• Define transmission line design technical parameters, conductor configurations, insulator and tower types, taking account of requirements and Afghanistan-specific conditions including wind velocity, terrain type and altitude.
• With support from other key and non-key experts, complete assignments as demanded by this consulting works.
• The consultant can help in preparing questionnaire for the need the training need assessment with the assistance of the DABS planning team.
• Contribute to capacity building of DABS counterpart staff.
• Serves as the technical expert on engineering planning and reliability matters, assisting other individuals and departments in the accomplishment of their duties.
• Proficiency with PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and PLS-Lite
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Electrical (BSEE) degree / master’s in electrical engineering is preferable.
· Experience in the design of overhead High Voltage and Extra High Voltage transmission lines including route selection, line and structure spotting, structure design and analysis, and development of construction packages.
· Proficiency with PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and PLS-Lite
· Ten (10) or more years of experience in transmission line design as outlined above
· Professional Engineering license (PE) highly recommended.
· Experience with PLS-TOWER, LPile, AutoCAD/Microstation, MFAD, and Mircosoft Project is strongly preferred
· Knowledge of transmission line routing, field program planning, project management, EPC projects, and line construction
· Distribution/underbuilt design experience is a plus
· Understanding of ANSI, ASTM, ASCE, and IEC standards
· Managerial and leadership skills
The DABS now invites qualified individual experts to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned services. Interested experts must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (in addition to the qualifications, experience of similar assignment should be incorporated in the CV to submitted along with expression of interest/application).
Expert selection will be based on the information provided in the CV followed up with interviews of the shortlisted candidate and contract negotiations with the preferred candidate.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph GUIDELINES SELECTION AND EMPLOYMENT OF CONSULTANTS UNDER IBRD LOANS AND IDA CREDITS & GRANTS BY WORLD BANK BORROWERS January 2011Revised July 2014. In addition, please refer to the following information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per paragraph 1.9 available at www.worldbank.org/.
Applicants are requested to submit their interest letter along with up to date CV (Curriculum Vitae) no later than 26 May 2019. The subject line of the letter should clearly indicate “Expression of Interest for the position of “International Transmission Line Design Engineer (Individual)” and send to the following address:
Enayat u Rahman Abdali
Contact: +93777 44 83 23
Note: DABS will not be held responsible for late receipt or non-receipt of any documents sent through Courier or by any other means.