|Date Posted:||May 11, 2020|
|Reference:||MoLSA-NSDP-IADC/IC/03 Int. TVET Expert for Project/Program Documents Development/1399|
|Closing Date:||May 30, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||5 month(s)|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About NSDP | MOLSAMD:
National Skills Development
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) is a National Priority Program (NPP) in Afghanistan and has been working for TVET sector since 2006. The overall goal of the NSDP is to contribute to the socio-economic recovery of Afghanistan through building a national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system which is responsive to labor market needs and which provides Afghans with the knowledge and skills for decent work.
The NSDP has a Steering Committee consisting of 9 relevant Ministries with the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MOLSA) designated as a lead Ministry. The NSDP operates in integrated manner within the MOLSA and mainly financed from the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the Ministry of Finance, the World Bank and other funding agencies.
After the recent and successful implementation of the World Bank-funded Afghanistan Skills Development Project (ASDP), the Bank has decided to support NSDP/MOLSA through a new project called the Non-formal Approach to Training, Education and Jobs in Afghanistan (NATEJA).
The Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (IADC) in Kabul has also decided to provide funding for the expansion of NATEJA project activities with focus on the western provinces. The IADC provided its initial support for one year for the project and later on the support was extended up to the end of 2019.
The NATEJA project main focus is on increasing access to non-formal technical and vocational training for the unskilled and semi-skilled, young, illiterate, Afghan women and men. This will be achieved by providing them with market relevant practical skills to improve their potential for wage employment and/or new business development and higher earnings, as well as building other livelihood skills. The project will also improve labor market outcomes by enhancing the quality of training delivery through performance-linked financial incentives, and will use non-formal training providers and employers to train the unskilled and illiterate individuals.
The Project Development Objective is “to increase the potential for employment and higher earnings of targeted young Afghan women and men in rural and semi-urban areas through non-formal skills training”.
The specific objective of the Italian fund for NATEJA Project is to enhance and strengthen the program, and increase the number of beneficiaries with a special focus on western provinces, as well as Bamyan. Activities carried out under the Italian Government grant will share the same objectives and use all the existing documents and procedures developed for NATEJA project for its implementation.
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) within the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (MOLSA) is implementing the project.
The Project has three main components. These and their sub-components are given below:
Component 1: Improving the Quality of Non-formal Training and the Labor Market Outcomes of Trainees.
Component 2: Project Management, Capacity Building of MoLSA and M&E.
Component 3: Piloting Entrepreneurship among Unskilled and Illiterate Young Afghans.
· Sub-component 3.1: Encouraging Rural Employment
· Sub-component 3.2: Promoting Entrepreneurship among Afghan YouthProgram (NSDP)
The scope of the duties of TVET Expert for Project/ Program Documents Development will mainly cover the development of documents for the possible phase two of NATEJA project for its current donor (IADC) as well as revising NSDP strategic documents. The Expert is also expected to contribute and review the documents of new programs and projects of MOLSA and further enhance them in terms of contents and language.
The Expert will need to review and analyze Afghanistan government relevant strategic documents and the existing TVET and education related policies and strategies. He / she should also study the NATEJA project appraisal document, NATEJA project manuals and reports as well as research papers conducted by NATEJA project and others for TVET sector and labor market information in Afghanistan.
The Expert will report, overall, to the NSDP Director, and work on a day-to-day basis with the NATEJA project manager. The Expert is also expected to work closely with NSDP senior staff particularly with program unit and to develop the document in a holistic approach for the vocational training sector in Afghanistan.
Duration of the assignment is 5 months with one month probationary period.
The assignment will involve the following main activities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Developing a succinct work plan for all activities listed below
· Networking and liaising with donors, international and governmental partners in TVET sector, particularly with IADC for the development of phase two of NATEJA project and possible new interventions for employment and livelihood improvement of vulnerable Afghans
· Drafting NATEJA project phase two documents and sharing them for the review with NSDP senior staff and IADC for their feedback and further improvement
· Finalizing NATEJA phase two documents including the project appraisal document, implementation plan and manual, budget and financial management manual and etc.
· Reviewing non-formal TVET related documents and NSDP existing and previous strategic documents including NSDP strategy
· Revising NSDP strategy for the upcoming five years in light of the government new strategic documents, priorities and particularly Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF)
· Drafting the implementation plan and budget for NSDP strategy for upcoming five years and sharing them with NSDP and MOLSA senior for feedback and further improvement
· Finalizing NSDP strategy for upcoming five years
· Developing presentations for the above documents and possibly presenting them to the NSDP, MOLSA seniors and other relevant and interested parties
· Contributing in drafting and finalizing TVET and employment related policies and strategic documents of MOLSA
· Assisting NSDP senior staff in drafting project and program related quality documents
· Closely working with management of NSDP/Directorate General for Skills Development (DGSD) in liaising with donors’ agencies for fund raising
· Contributing in capacity building support to NSDP and DGSD staff in drafting strategic documents, concepts and proposals throughout on the jobs training and arranging capacity building workshops.
· Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
· Master Degree in Economic/Business Administration/Education or any related field with at least 7 years’ relevant experience.
· Excellent project/proposal development skills with excellent English Writing Skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, analytical and capacity building skills.
· Effective communication, IT and interpersonal skills including (i) a full working knowledge of English (ii) Ability to interact and coordinate with NSDP staff, contractors, Government officials, consultants and the donors’ community.
· Excellent presentation skills
· Working experience in post- conflict countries is plus.