|Date Posted:||May 15, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 24, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||38000 - 49333 None undefinedNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
About National Procurement Authority:
After several decades of wars and civil strife, building an effective state - one that can provide security and services to the people - has been at the heart of the reconstruction effort in Afghanistan. The government has made significant progress in many areas such as primary education, basic health services, irrigation, rehabilitation, and rural development. In spite of the Government’s best efforts to improve the service delivery in priority sectors like health, education and infrastructure, corruption remains a major obstacle in effective governance and thus efficient service delivery to the people of Afghanistan. The Government has taken many steps to ensure that corruption is dealt with a firm hand and is contained in the medium term and completely eradicated in the long term. One of the main area of corruption is procurement. Till now, the procurement system in Afghanistan was fragmented across Procurement Policy Unit under the Ministry of Finance, Afghanistan Reconstruction and Development Services (ARDS) under the Ministry of Economy and the Special Procurement Commission (SPC) under the chairmanship of the Minister for Finance, apart from the procurements handled by individual line ministries and other sub-national entities. As part of the ongoing system reforms by the present Afghanistan Government, these three entities have been amalgamated into one single agency called National Procurement Authority (NPA) to act as the apex procurement organization, to formulate policies related to public procurement and to regulate the public procurement function in the entire nation. The NPA will consolidate the functions of above mentioned entities into a single central organization to oversee and facilitate all national procurement (goods, works and services) above a certain threshold and which are vital to economic development of Afghanistan. In addition, it will look after the policies and procedures to strengthen the procurement system and start e-procurement in Afghanistan, to bring about a completely transparent public procurement system. Other objectives of this directorate are to enhance budget execution, ensuring efficiency in public procurement system, recruitment of professional and honest procurement civil servants at different levels and various capacities.
The primary function of the ‘Inventory & Asset Management Officer’ is to assist in all aspects of the administrative, financial, capital and operations of the assigned Assets and Warehouse management. The Inventory & Asset Management Officer shall carry out his/her responsibilities to ensure a comprehensive list of the NPA fixed assets and expendables and regularly update the Inventory Management Information System and Warehouse Management Information System (IMIS-WMIS).
Duties & Responsibilities:
Inventory and Assets Management:
1. While the assets physically counted and inspected by the Inspection Committee, the Inventory and Asset Management Officer shall receive the non-expendables throughout proper documentation.
2. All the items shall be received through proper documentation i.e. delivery report form, goods received note in coordination with procurement unit.
3. To ensure the assets / equipment which get enrolled on the NPA inventory are purchased in full adherence to the procurement policy.
4. The inventory officer shall stick asset tag and identification numbers on the newly arrived fixed assets. Maintain the assets accounting cycle i.e. receiving, distributing, movement and disposal.
5. Maintains records and databases containing information regarding licenses, warranties, and service agreements for the organization's hardware and software.
6. To ensure a comprehensive list of the NPA inventory, focusing on the depreciation of the assets / equipment enrolled and is in place.
Warehouse and Stock:
1. Maintains records and databases containing information regarding Items type and description on Warehouse Management Information System (WMIS – database) in hard and soft copies.
2. Update and synchronize stock records, store releases, Bin Cards and other logs as required.
3. Maintain proper spacing and storing of the consumables with standard set of order.
4. Provide assistance in receiving and distributing warehouse equipments, vehicle scheduling, load, unload, pack, wrap and labeling.
5. Keep a clean and safe environment for the stored items and perform Inventory controls regularly.
Distribution and Supply:
1. The Officer is responsible to distribute the expendables items upon the receipt of already filled and approved request form.
2. Manage stock of office supplies, materials, parts, and other expendables to maintain required supply. Maintain records, replenish stock, and plan for future requirements based on orders and forecasts.
3. Inventory/Assets Management Officer should apply and perform a periodically monitoring and physical check for the various expendables as required.
1. Develop and disseminate periodic assets and expendables balance report.
2. Provide assistance to admin and finance team on ‘inventory report’ to audit.
3. Ensure excess, obsolete, and unserviceable property is identified and properly recorded.
4. Provide quarterly and immediate reports on stolen, damaged, disposed items as required.
5. Schedule physical inventories and assist in their completion, in accordance with policies
1. Any other tasks as assigned by SU particularly the administration.
Minimum Bachelor Degree in administration, management, business or any other related fields.
Must have at least 4 years of relevant experience working with INGOs or government organizations.
Must be proficient in writing, reading and speaking in English. Must also have strong communication, reading and writing skills in one of the national languages (Dari or Pashto).
1.Must have strong experience in computer programs (Word, Excel, Power Point), internet and email skills.
2. Provide necessary support to all NPA staff with complete administrative services.
3. Ability to set Priorities.