|Date Posted:||Jan 14, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 20, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About American University of Afghanistan:
Founded in 2006, the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit, nationally-accredited university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We are a dynamic university with a student population of over 1,000 students.
The AUAF’s Facility department is seeking qualified candidates for full time position as Inventory Assistant based in Kabul.
Key Outcomes Include
· To ensure the integrity of the property control systems and mechanisms in place as per the policy and procedures on property and inventory management; receiving, issuing, returning, disposals and inspections of AUAF property Fixed and Non Fixed assets
· GRN preparation and process on timely manner
· Update record of inventory fixed and non-fixed assets in database / GP dynamic inventory module
· Inventory list of fixes assets & non fixed assets at storages
· Regularly physical count of AUAF fixed and non-fixed assets as per the policy and provide report
· Handle and arrange store requests efficiently for assets
· Maintain GP fixed assets and inventory module for items/equipment check-in and checkout from storages on daily basis
· Monitor to organizing fixed assets, non-fixed items into shelves/storages
· Handle request for disposal and disposition process as per the policy
· Meets fixed and non-fixed assets operation standard based on the policy and procedures set
The role is responsible for effective implementation of fixed assets & inventory management within the unit. He/she is a key role and will be responsible for planning, managing, executing, monitor/controlling daily inventory and assets management activities to achieve productivity, quality and customer service standards. Ultimately, to ensure the integrity of the property control systems for fixed capital and Non-capital assets and inventory management is in place as per the policy and procedures. He is manage to receive assets, tagging, issuing, and returning of AUAF property.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Inventory management or supply chain management on fixed and non-fixed assets
· Good reporting and analytical skill
· Planning and organizing
· Inventory count, tagging process and auditing skills
ICT, software and computer skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
Receiving, GRN Process & Issuance
· Responsible to accomplishes fixed assets and non-fixed assets inventory objectives by planning, organizing, executing, managing and monitoring activities with guidance of department manager
· Responsible for all property and inventory assets management of day to day activities on receiving assets, tagging, data entry and GRN process
· Prepare and process to complete all GRNs for new equipment/assets purchased and submit to procurement on timely manner.
· Responsible on arranging to handle and process all store requests for assets fixed and non-fixed smoothly.
· Maintain update record for releasing and issuance of capital and non-capital assets
· Keep GRNs tracker up to date to meet deadline and provide report when required
· Follow up inspection/receipt process completion on GRNs and work with department supervisor/head to expedite the process
Data Entry Inventory record fixed assets and Non- Fixed assets
· Data entry register, record and Maintains inventory accountability and control all AUAF fixed and non-fixed assets property
· Tagging and making GRN ( Goods & Services Receipt Note) for new purchased assets
· Maintain inventory records deliveries, receiving, issuing, returning and keep up to date record of all AUAF assets
· Monitors the property control system which includes moving, returning, issuing using standard forms as per the policy and procedures
· Keeps up to date records of all lost, stolen and damaged items and report them on regular basis to dept. Manager
· Prepare and maintain record of disposal assets for review and approval
· Performs general office duties including inventory filling, hard and soft copy
Inventory Count & Property Management
· With guidance of the dept. Manager, plane, schedule, organize and implement physical count of Fixed and Non Fixed assets of all AUAF property as per the policy
· Prepare and provide final physical count report for fixed and non-fixed assets to dept. Manager
· Find discrepancies during physical count, report and conduct inspection
· Coordinate with finance manager on reconciliation process and adjustment process of fixed assets and other based on policy guideline
· Print and prepare barcode/tag number for new purchased assets as necessary.
· Arrange , organize assets in main store and other site stores with coordination of warehouse supervisor
· Ensure that returning assets have all the necessary documents, return form or Loss and damaged form with approval
· Report any discrepancy and illegal issues to dept. manager
· Regularly physical count, spot check and update store inventory list
· Check and respond to requests from AUAF staff and handle them for assets available in store
· Assist dept. manager and warehouse staff on their daily activities and operation
· To facilitate on maintenance schedules, for regular inspection and repairs of store equipment or returns.
· Provide necessary inventory report as requested or required
· Plan and prepare disposal list for auction and further process for approval
· Coordinate auction process and activates with the relevant department as needed
· Provides backup assistance to the warehouse as required including receiving shipments, pulling General Stores items, delivering shipments to campuses, pulling auctions
To perform any other duties as assigned by dept. manager
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Bachelor degree of business with at least 2-3 years Inventory and assets management experience
· Proficiency using standard office software applications and ERP/ GP Inventory management system is preferred
· Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills
· Excellent proactive customer service attitude, always seeking the best way to identify and acquire materials
· Data entry management, dependability, reporting skills, dealing with complexity
· Capability and willingness to learn new systems and procedures.
· Attentive to details, avoiding errors in purchase requests, GRNs, and reports processing
· Excellent verbal and written English language.
· Deadline-Oriented, time management
· Effective planning skills with attention to detail and data accuracy
· Reporting, accounting and analytical skills
· Maintaining effective working relationships with line manager, supervisor and other department
· Subject to standing, walking, sitting, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
· Work safely and follow safety rules
· Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices
· Able to work late hours, under pressure, weekends, holidays when needed
· Physical ability to assist with warehousing operation
Able to lift 50 lbs.