|Date Posted:||Jul 14, 2019|
|Reference:||Af -018 -2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 28, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About American University of Afghanistan:
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,200 and we hope to reach 1,300 students by the fall 2019 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The Store Department is seeking qualified candidates for full-time positions as Inventory Specialist based in Kabul.
The role is responsible for effective implementation of fixed assets & inventory management within the unit. He/she is a key role and will be responsible for planning, managing, executing, monitor/controlling daily inventory assets management & supply chain management activities to achieve productivity, quality and customer service standards and achieve the appropriate level of volume within time limits. Ultimately. To ensure the integrity of the property control systems for Fixed Capital, Non-Capital assets and inventory items is in place as per the policy and procedures. He supervise the receiving, recording ,tagging, issuing, returning and inspecting of AUAF property Fixed and Non Fixed assets
Key outcomes include:
- to ensure the integrity of the property control systems and mechanisms in place as per the policy and procedures on property and inventory management; receiving, issuing, returning, disposing and inspections of AUAF property Fixed and Non Fixed assets
- GRN preparation and process on timely manner in GP dynamic for all assets
- Update record of inventory fixed and non-fixed assets in database / GP dynamic fixed assets module
- Inventory list of fixes assets & non fixed assets at storages and keep record or lost & damage items
- Regularly physical count for all AUAF fixed and non-fixed assets as per the policy provide reports
- Handle and arrange all stores requests efficiently for assets
- Update record tracker/GP fixed assets and assets module for items/equipment check in and checkout from storages on daily basis
- Monitor to organizing fixed assets, non-fixed items into shelves/storages
- Ensure daily operations meet and exceed daily performance expectation
- Meets fixed and non-fixed assets operation standard based on the policy and procedures set
Requires travel to provinces:
- Inventory management or supply chain management on fixed and non-fixed assets
- Good reporting and analytical skill
- Planning and organizing checkout & check In
- Inventory count, tagging process and auditing skills
- ICT, software and computer skills
Duties & Responsibilities:
Receiving, GRN Process & Issuance
- Responsible to accomplishes fixed assets and non-fixed assets inventory objectives by planning, organizing, managing and monitoring activities with guidance of department manager
- Responsible for all property and inventory management of day to day activities on the tagging, data entry and GRN process, and issuance of capital and non-capital assets.
- Responsible on arranging to handle and process all store requests for assets fixed and non-fixed smoothly.
- Prepare and process to complete all GRNs for new equipment purchased and submit to procurement on timely manner.
- Keep GRNs tracker up to date to meet deadline and provide report when required
- Follow up inspection/receipt process completion on GRNs and work with department supervisor/head to expedite the process
- Meets fixed assets and inventory operation standard based on the policy and procedures set
Data Entry Inventory record fixed assets and Non- Fixed assets
- Data entry register, record and Maintains inventory accountability and control all AUAF fixed and non-fixed assets Property
- Tagging and making GRN at GP Dynamic assets module ( Goods & Services Receipt Note) for new purchased assets
- Maintain inventory records deliveries, receiving, issuing, returning and keep up to date record of all AUAF assets
- Monitors the property control system which includes moving, returning, issuing using standard forms as per the policy and procedures
- Keeps up to date records of all lost, stolen and damaged items and report them on regular basis to dept. Manager & Finance manager to update FAR
- Prepare and maintain record of disposal assets for review and approval
- Performs general office duties including inventory filling, hard and soft copy
Inventory Count & Property Management
- With guidance of the dept. Manager, plane, schedule, organize and implement physical count of Fixed and Non Fixed assets of all AUAF property as per the policy
- Prepare and provide final physical count report for fixed and non-fixed assets to dept. Manager
- Find discrepancies during physical count, report and conduct inspection as per the rule
- Coordinate with finance manager on reconciliation process and adjustment process of fixed assets and other based on policy guideline
- Print and prepare barcode/tag number for new purchased assets as necessary.
- Arrange , organize assets in main store and other site stores with coordination of warehouse supervisor
- Ensure that returning assets have all the necessary documents, return form or Loss and damaged form with approval
- Report any discrepancy and illegal issues to dept. manager
- Regularly physical count, spot check and update store inventory list
- Check and respond to requests from AUAF staff and handle them for assets available in store
- Assist dept. manager and warehouse staff on their daily activities and operation
- To facilitate on maintenance schedules, for regular inspection and repairs of store equipment or returns.
- Provide necessary inventory report as requested or required
- Plan and prepare disposal list for auction and further process for approval
- Coordinate auction process and activates with the relevant department as needed
- Provides backup assistance to the warehouse as required including receiving shipments, pulling General Stores items, delivering shipments to campuses, pulling auctions
- To perform any other duties as assigned by dept. manager
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor degree of business with at least 4 years Inventory assets management and warehousing management experience
- Experience and familiar with USAID assets management rule and regulation
- Proficiency using standard office software applications and ERP/ GP Dynamic assets model management system is preferred
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent proactive customer service attitude, always seeking the best way to identify and acquire materials
- Safety management, data entry management, dependability, reporting skills, dealing with complexity
- Capability and willingness to learn new systems and procedures.
- Attentive to details, avoiding errors in purchase requests, GRNs, and reports processing
- Excellent verbal and written English language.
- Deadline-Oriented, time management, Equipment maintenance
- Effective planning skills with attention to detail and data accuracy
- Reporting, accounting and analytical skills
- Maintaining effective working relationships with line manager, supervisor and other department
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work safely and follow safety rules
- Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices
- Able to work late hours, under pressure ,weekends, holidays when needed
- Physical ability to assist with warehousing operation
- Able to lift 50 lbs.