|Date Posted:||Dec 4, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 17, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Futures Group Global Outreach:
Futures Group Global Outreach is implementing the Health Sector Resiliency Project (HSR), a five year contract funded by USAID. The overall goal of HSR is to support the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) to foster a strengthened, reformed, and increasingly self-reliant Afghan health system prepared for the decreased donor support anticipated over the coming decade. The HSR Project acts as a resource and a catalyst to the MoPH and other GIRoA entities as it considers and implements critical sector-wide reforms that are required to make the system more resilient and sustainable. The project primarily focuses on governance, health finance and human resources for health and engages both the public and private components of the health sector.
Under the direct supervision of Governance Advisor/Health Management Expert, the Investment and Business Partnerships Advisor will contribute to the overall private sector related activities as outlined in the HSR project work plan. The advisor will contribute to building the capacity of the private sector businesses; work with the MoPH, the Ministry of Finance and other related agencies to improve environment for private investment in health, identify opportunities and work to promote business to business partnerships between the Afghan and international investors.
Requires travel to provinces:
·Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific duties to be performed will include inter alia, the following:
· Identify potential opportunities for investment in the health sector and work closely with private health sector businesses to facilitate their interactions for partnerships between Afghan and international and regional organizations/businesses;
· Support the project efforts to increase private health sector access to finance and investment in Afghanistan;
· Conduct a survey of businesses who signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with Indian businesses/organizations to identify progress and challenges and propose recommendations for enhancing the partnerships to expand delivery of quality healthcare in Afghanistan;
· Work with private health businesses to identify qualified Afghan businesses for possible partnerships with regional and international businesses/organizations;
· Support finalization of the investors’ and business guide by conducting consultation meetings with relevant stakeholders to validate the investors' guide for the health sector;
· Assist in conducing trainings for private health sector businesses;
· Support the private health businesses and associations in their advocacy efforts for improving the investment environment by increasing incentives to private health businesses;
· Support the development and implementation of an action plan for the private health sector assessment and private health sector strategic plan;
· Work closely with HSR’s team and the MoPH and contribute to streamlining the business licensing processes as well as institutionalization of the health one-stop-shop;
· Support and collaborate with other private sector advisors in their activities;
· Provide timely updates to the project leadership and contribute to the project reporting
· Any other duties as assigned by the Governance advisor, COP and DCOP.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Economy or a relevant field;
· Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience working with private sector and business community;
· Good knowledge of trade, finance and business operations in Afghanistan;
· Experience in capacity building and working with the private sector and business associations;
· Experience in coordination and collaboration of stakeholders, including local and international NGOs;
· Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
· Fluency in Dari/Pashto and English is required; and
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with excellent MS Word, Power Point and Excel skills.
Interested candidates should submit a current resume with a cover letter to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please state the title of the job and vacancy number in the headline of your email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. Date and location will be determined and communicated with the shortlisted candidates only.