|Date Posted:||Jan 21, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 27, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
About Kakar Advocates LLC:
Kakar Advocates, LLC, is a full-service international commercial law firm based in Kabul, Afghanistan. We are a diverse group of lawyers uniquely positioned to provide a broad range of legal services to international and Afghan business enterprises. Driven by the passion for teamwork, global outlook and local execution, we strive to serve our clients efficiently and effectively to help them achieve their business goals and objectives. Our team combines international experience with local knowledge to provide the highest standard of service to clients. The team includes internationally trained attorneys, Afghan attorneys, tax and corporate consultants, as well as Afghan government relation specialists. The attorneys have worked in large and prominent US law firms, in addition to occupying important positions, among others, as Advisor to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff, Advisor to the Attorney General, Advisor to the Minister of Justice, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of a commercial bank, US Army Judge Advocate, Senior Defense Counsel, scholar at Harvard Law School, and U.S. diplomat in the Middle East.
To assist in increasing private sector investments by carrying out a comprehensive analysis of the current status of investments and facilitating of new investments to the country’s economy, and develop new concepts to significantly improve the investment climate in Afghanistan.
Requires travel to provinces:
• Demonstrated capacity and substantial experience in dealing with policy and strategic issues related to investment facilitation and attraction.
• Excellent command of English language as well as local languages (Dari and Pashto).
• Strong follow-up and punctuality to meet deadlines.
• Proactive and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to produce well-written documents, presentations and reports in English.
• Flexible working hours to cope with work pressure.
• Disciplined, representative, ethical, professional and hard-worker.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop framework for national and international investors, private and public sector stakeholders for further improve the legal framework for attracting investments into the Afghanistan.
2. Support in formulation of medium-term economic development scenarios, economic liberalization policies, and assessment of their impact on various segments of the economy and society, development of measures to minimize their possible negative impact.
3. Contribut to the analysis of policy and regulatory constraints to attract foreign investment.
4. Highlight Afghanistan’s competitiveness and attractiveness showcasing Afghanistan investment opportunities.
5. Work closely with relevant authorities and agencies to identify and address internal challenges in relation to investment.
6. Support measures on the improvement of skill of key government agencies in the sphere of investment attraction; organize training events & seminars to strengthen the capacity of national partners in attracting foreign investments; organize round-tables, seminars to discuss analytical materials prepared.
7. Support dialogue platform participated by national and international partners to discuss and validate key reform proposals.
8. Conduct investment forums to identify problems and find solutions; assess progress in investment attraction at meetings with investors, and develop proposals to accelerate reforms where necessary.
9. Provide technical support in the planning and development of the investment promotion activities including but not limited to events such as trade and investment missions, conferences and workshops.
10. Support in the development of linkages with private sector partners in the country e.g. producers, traders and institutions that will act as investment catalysts within the priority sectors.
11. Build capacity of authorities to be able to review investment projects, track investor interest and follow up post investment.
12. Attend local and international trade and investment events and represent the PriSec where required.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
• Master’s degree from a well-recognized university in relevant fields, i.e. public administration, economics, law or business administration.
• Having at least 3-5 years of relevant work experience working in Afghanistan either with the Afghan government or international organizations at senior levels.