|Date Posted:||Dec 29, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 11, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA) began as an agency that provided licenses to companies wishing to invest in Afghanistan. AISA has now evolved into a pro-active institution on promoting and attracting investment to Afghanistan. AISA, having its main office in Kabul and regional offices in Herat, Kandahar, Mazar-i-sharif, Nangharhar, Khost, Kunduz, Paktia, Faryab and Helmand province, delivers a wide range of services to investors all over the country.
Conducts periodic monitoring and evaluation of the investment climate in the country.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Prepares an annual monitoring and evaluation timetable, including data collection and analysis.
2. Assists with developing indicators and measures for assessing investment climate in the country.
3. Liaise with country Program Officers to ensure effective management of M and E efforts
and successful achievement of annual goal.
4. Prepares monitoring and evaluation training manual and provide training for regional associates in the conduct of consistent monitoring and evaluation of investment activities.
5. Keeps the investment support and promotion departments up to date with the investment monitoring and evaluation results.
6. Produces periodic updating reports on the investment status.
7. Liaising with the Industrial Parks Development Department for the purpose of review on facilitation and coordination.
8. Stay informed about research and trends in the area of monitoring and evaluation and recommends improvements to our systems accordingly.
9. Other duties as assigned.
â€¢ Msc in Economics or MA in a related field
â€¢ A minimum of three years of professional experience
â€¢ Proven previous experience in research, monitoring and evaluation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
â€¢ Strong technical competence in research and monitoring and evaluation methods.
â€¢ Strong operational management ability: a clear focus on results â€“ sets goals, plans and prioritizes effectively, monitors quality and progress of work against plans
â€¢ Strong analytical skills.
â€¢ Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, with proven ability to work with data software packages such as SPSS/EVIEW
â€¢ Experience in data analysis and entry
â€¢ Strong verbal and written communication skills in English