|Date Posted:||May 30, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 4, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Etisalat Afghanistan:
An individual who has been involved in working with IP equipments in GSM environment. A person who likes challenges and would plan for Etisalat future.
The Data Communication Network (DCN) is a dedicated network used for network management systems of Telecom providers. The DCN functions as a general service transport platform for network management systems, and provides support and assurance to operations of the telecom management network.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for configuration, deployment and administration of LAN/WAN devices. (Day to day maintenance will be done by the maintenance team, but IP will extend his helping hand to maintenance team, if the situation demands)
2. Participate in planning, designing, installing, and configuring local and Wide Area Network.
3. Responsible for network planning, design and modification.
4. Ensures that data communication within the company is reliable and of sufficient capacity to meet business needs.
5. Ensures that data communications packets are routed efficiently.
6. Provides regular periodic report on network performance, both in general and against specific service levels.
7. Provides remote access to the corporate network via dial-up or virtual private network (VPN) as required.
8. Monitors bandwidth use, analyzes traffic patterns and volumes, and determines impact/implications.
9. Ensures security standards with according to data Security policy of company.
10. Protocol Management.
11. Monitor and review IP network configuration issues and make appropriate recommendations.
12. Analyze network needs and evaluate vendor recommendations; provide the support on comprehensive network design specifications for additions and upgrades of backbone infrastructure.
13. Support network integration in the area of traffic and performance tuning utilizing network management hardware, software, and diagnostic equipment.
14. Provide support to implements and maintains hardware and software standards of backbone network elements with regard to planning, expansion and growth of network.
15. Provide handoff support for networking needs including evaluation, analysis and installation to support integration of multiple hardware platforms within a large complex backbone network system.
â€¢ University Degree
â€¢ Vendors Certification CCNA
â€¢ Cisco's VOIP product OR VERY STRONG Cisco and Routers experience (over 1 year)
â€¢ Candidate must have a minimum of 1 years of experience for IT and Data Communication Network (DCN)
â€¢ Must have experience, IP PABX Network Troubleshooting and Strong knowledge of voice and networking protocols