|Date Posted:||Feb 21, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Mar 6, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
About Etisalat Afghanistan:
An individual who has been involved in working with IP equipments in GPRS/GSM environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To analyze IP network traffic engineering and capacity related issues and make recommendations for growth forecast and network optimization.
2. To monitor and review IP network configuration issues and makes appropriate recommendations.
3. To provide support on comprehensive network design specifications for additions and upgrades of backbone infrastructure.
4. To support network integration in the area of traffic and performance tuning utilizing network management hardware, software, and diagnostic equipment.
5. To provide support to implements and maintains hardware and software standards of backbone network elements with regard to planning, expansion and growth of network
6. To provide handoff support for networking needs, analysis and installation to support integration of multiple hardware platforms within a large complex backbone network system.
7. To participate in planning, designing, installing and configuring local and wide area networks.
8. To configure and maintain network switches, routers, servers and various voice data and security appliances.
9. To be responsible for the daily monitoring of the network and security appliances.
10. To develop and follow procedures that handle network and security fault events.
11. To apply continuous improvement techniques to ensure the network and security infrastructure, to attain maximum performance, security and availability and provides reports regarding this topic to management.
12. Must be able to communicate effectively with all parts of the organization while under pressure.
13. Must be familiar with LAN/WAN Infrastructure in order to assist in implementation and security recommendations to the Infrastructure Support Team.
14. To assist in planning and implementation of setting platform expansions and translation changes.
15. To analyze and troubleshoot network and signaling communication failures and bottlenecks.
Bachelor degree in computer science
Minimum 4 years of experience in relevant is required.
Cisco CCNA Certifications.
Language requirement: English, Dari and Pashto.