|Date Posted:||Nov 25, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 5, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software,Telecome Engineering,Computer Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghan Telecom Corporation incorporated in September 2005 to provide unified telecommunication services throughout Afghanistan under the stewardship of Ministry of Communications & Information Technology. Current service structure includes wireless, 4G/LTE, fiber optics, copper and satellite operations.
Afghan Telecom Corporation is the leading national provider of telecommunication services in Afghanistan. Afghan Telecom adopted a challenging program aiming to transform its business from government system to the recognized commercial business standards. The company has developed clear strategies focusing on internal re-organization, re-skilling and development of its staff, enhancement of its internal processes and studying its customers' needs and requirements while continuing carrying out its national and social duties and responsibilities.
The IP Expert as a Staff of Afghan Telecom Corporation will be under the administrative supervision of the O & M director and IP expert will be responsible for IP/Datacomas per guidelines and regulations as well as to performing the IP Expertissues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist with Operation & Maintenance Director (O&M) in the deployment, operations, monitoring and maintenance Salaam network.
• Install, configure, test and maintain LSWs/Router/FWs, applications and system management tools at Salaam network.
• Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g. routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, OOB, Network management, Flow Collectors and Security management).
• Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations.
• Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning.
• Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues.
• Proactively monitor performance and ensure highest levels of infrastructure and systems availability and reliability.
• Implement and maintain security, backup and redundancy strategies.
• Perform disaster recovery operations when required.
• Produce documentation for installation, network topology and troubleshooting of systems and infrastructure.
• Develop a system of processes and procedures with connected NRENs to operate and monitor Salaam network.
• Liaise with vendors, datacenters, peers, partners and other IT personnel for problem resolution
• Provide technical training when and where required.
• Assist in the monitoring and participating in public forums, such as standards-setting bodies, and technical matters that have the potential of impacting the mission of Salaam.
Team management and team player.
• Carry out any other tasks as and when assigned by the CTO, COO or the CEO.
The incumbent will report to the Operation and Maintenance Director.
• A Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science with a network engineering focus;
• At least 5 years relevant continuous work experience in a network and systems engineer function;
• Good hands-on experience in routing and switching.
• Good hands-on experience in Linux/Unix, MacOS and Windows systems;
• Good understanding of network and internet-related concepts such as DNS, HTTP, DHCP, TCP/IP.
Experience managing high performance web and data infrastructure.
• Fluency in English or with good working knowledge in the other language.
• Experience in installing, configuring, monitoring and managing ZTE, Huawei and Cisco routing and switching equipment.
· Devotion and dedication: telecom is 24/7 job and there should be devotion for the job completion and responsible for all the activities made in the network.
· Written test
• Good understanding of telecom network and systems security.
• High integrity, drive for excellence and good interpersonal skills.
• Result orientation and ability to work autonomously.
• Ability to work in a team.
• Availability and ability to travel within and outside the Salaam region, if needed.