|Date Posted:||Dec 24, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jan 22, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||6 - 9 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Asia Consultancy Group (ACG):
Asia Consultancy Group (ACG) is a privately-held international telecommunications service company engaged in facilitating the development of infrastructure solutions for disperse populated areas. Our aim is to provide a range of premier services encompassing cell tower co-location, operation and management, network planning and design, and Over-The-Air device management, to Telecommunication and ISP services provider facing a challenging environment.
The IP Planning Specialist role is to ensure the stability and integrity of fiber and ISP network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization. In addition, the IP Planning Specialist will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end user training. Reporting to the Technical Director, this individual will help ACG grow its fiber business and add value for its customers.
Provinces to travel:
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP WAN technologies and protocol suites
- Hands-on working experience with provisioning and troubleshooting Cisco routers and firewalls
- Hands-on working experience with dynamic routing protocols: IS-IS and BGP
- Hands-on working experience with IOS and IOS-XR.
- Experience in applications such as, Cacti, DNS, TACACS, and other common applications and network troubleshooting utilities
- Excellent understanding of the operation of data routing and switching equipment from multiple vendors (e.g. Cisco, Huawei)
- Experienced with MPLS (Multi-Protocol Label Switching) MPLS-TE, VPLS (Virtual Private LAN Services) and QoS (Quality of Service)
- Design and build experience with Firewalls, Routers and Switches
- Ability to work in a physically demanding atmosphere including self-disciplined, motivated and organized.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to operate under minimum supervision in a growth company
Duties & Responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning:
- Assess new emerging technologies for technical merit for ORION’s business need
- Collaborate with department heads to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network
Acquisition & Deployment
- Perform network-wide MPLS deployment and service cut-over.
- Design and deploy Country LANs, WANs, and fiber networks, including routers, switches, firewalls, DNS, Caches, NMS and other hardware.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Design, implement, and maintain IP and Fiber Nodes
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling County objectives and processes.
- Install optical, routing and switching equipment and associated cabling at POP sites.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user network devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all network appliances.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- Perform security audits, and network nodes backups and recovery.
- Configure and install various network services (e.g. Load balancing, VPN, Network management and Security management).
- Proactively monitor performance and ensure highest levels of infrastructure and systems availability and reliability.
- Ensure consistent and continuous compliance by all employees and vendors with safety and regulatory requirements, standards and protocol
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Kabul
- Degree in BCS, Telecommunication and Electrical Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of Switching and Routing: VLAN, STP, IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, QoS and MPLS-TE is a must
- Knowledge of DWDM optical technologies and data transport systems
- Knowledge of Fiber Optic technologies is a bonus
- Network Management: SNMP and Network Planning Tools
- Knowledge of Operating Systems: Cisco IOS and IOS-XR
- Knowledge of Hardware Platform: Cisco ASR9K, ASR1001, Firepower 4100
- Certifications: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)