|Date Posted:||Jun 24, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jul 30, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Monitoring and Evaluation,Agriculture,Consulting,Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||3 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
About Overseas Strategic Cons, Ltd.:
OSC (www.oscltd.com) is a small business specializing in technology-driven, research-based monitoring and evaluation (M&E) across development sectors with over 25 years of experience implementing USAID-funded projects. OSC has a proven track record collecting, analyzing, and disseminating quantitative and qualitative data, including large-scale randomized household studies. OSC provides high-quality M&E support services to USAID programs to ensure the robust integration of M&E and learning.
Overseas Strategic Consulting, Ltd. (OSC) seeks well-qualified applicants for an irrigation and watershed engineer position for a strengthening watershed and irrigation management project in Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The irrigation and watershed engineer may occasionally act as the field team leader and is the logistical coordinator of fieldwork between the GIRoA, local officials, and other stakeholders. Additionally, the engineer will be responsible for conducting field, canal, and watershed surveys as well as participating in developing the survey questionnaires and preliminary report writing.
This person must demonstrate professional excellence in their technical areas of expertise, excellent writing ability, fluency in English, effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to resolve work issues with senior country counterparts, donor representatives, and senior-level staff. They must have experience in relevant technical, management, administrative, and capacity-building experience in developing countries.
● Bachelor’s degree in water resources engineering or Civil Engineering.
● 3-5 years of experience in irrigation project design, survey, and construction.
● Familiarity with international development programming preferred
● Afghan national with good communication, reading comprehension and writing ability in English, Pashto, and Dari.
● Demonstrated expertise and experience in social science research, including mixed methods and notably quantitative and qualitative primary data collection methods
● Have excellent research and report writing skills
● Strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks and work within timelines
● Familiarity with USAID policies relating to evaluation and performance management
● Experience conducting watershed and irrigation evaluations in specified target countries