|Date Posted:||Jul 23, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About AACS Consulting:
AACS Consulting is a leading professional services and management consulting firm founded in early 2009 and headquartered in Kabul, Afghanistan. A diverse team of national and international experts with combined experience of several decades, enables AACS Consulting to provide customized and quality professional services. These services are offered in areas Research and Survey, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business Development, Audit and Tax Advisory, and Inspection and Certifications.
For nearly a decade, AACS Consulting has helped a wide range of government, United Nations, international development, and business institutions maximize on opportunities and overcome business challenges in various areas and industries.
AACS Consulting is looking for an experienced Agronomist to work in Khush Tepa Irrigation Scheme and Power Generation (KTISPGS) Feasibility Study Project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Irrigation/ Design Engineer will have the overall responsibility to guide technical surveyors in topographic survey of command area, cross-sectional, and longitudinal surveys of the irrigation schemes. She/he is also responsible for the designs of all irrigation related infrastructure, and has to work with a team of engineer, water management specialist, consultant and technicians involved in designing, extension of existing canal systems, repairing, maintaining, and construction of water related structures at project site. She/he will report to the Water Management Specialist in the Area Team and Design Engineer of the Core Team. Moreover, he will be responsible for the following tasks.
Her/his duties would include but NOT limited to;
· Assist to do verification of all site plans, profiles, designs and cost estimation of the complete irrigation schemes including all irrigation infrastructures e.g field turnouts, drop structures, culverts, weirs, and community access points coming from the design sections of all 5 Area Teams
· Based on the site conditions modify already prepared designs of watercourse linings to fit the existing situation e.g (a) precast parabolic lining segments (PCPS) respective to discharge carrying capacity (b) in-situ lining (c) brick and stone lining or (d) simple earthen improvements of schemes
· Assist the irrigation design engineer to prepare detail design reports that will go with designs to the World Bank to justify the spending
· Prepare BOQ (bill of quantity) and CAD drawings of all civil works
· Coordinate all technical activities on the sites to make sure the construction/rehabilitation of irrigation infrastructure is according to the engineering standards mentioned in the project Technical Specifications and to the local conditions
· Strictly follow on the project implementation plan,
· Checking of specifications and quality of the precast structures at the factory before shifting to the site
· Preparation of work plan of feasibility study for each civil work contract
· Work independently, and with consultation of irrigation design Engineer, direct through subordinate engineers the construction of canals, water courses according to the type of soil, and specific climate
· Assist the team to prepare work plan for all technical staff activities
· Assist in record keeping and generating progress reports
· Assist in preparation of tender documents, and contracts
· Work closely with consultation of design engineer and F/S team.
· Store soft copies of all designs/drawings and site plans at safe place Identifying and proposing proper construction materials as per the required standards and site locations
· Perform any other project relevant activity assigned by the Project Director
The candidate must have a Bachelor Degree (preferably Master ) in Water Resources Engineering /Agricultural Engineering /Civil engineering with minimum experience of 5 years in design and construction/rehabilitation of irrigation infrastructure (design of canal, water control gates, flow measurement structures, siphons, culverts, construction of flood control levees etc) . Preference would be given to the candidates having extensive experience in similar regions. Major achievements in career may substitute for long experience and educational requirements.
· Good CAD, Civil 3d, Eagle Point, and Ms. Excel skills.
· Computer simulation/use of computer models is helpful.
· Must be efficient in completion of the assigned tasks on time on the office/sits
· Good capability to read write and speak English, organization skills, desire to learn, and basic computer literacy
· Must have good report writing skills.