|Date Posted:||Jun 22, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 5, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture Engeenring|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About MAIL/Panj Amu:
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development of communities.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) singed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish Main Central Program Management Office (CPMO) to centralize different existing ADB Funded Projects effective 01 February 2018. CPMO will be a permanent office to provide operational (Administration, Finance, Procurement, Reporting, Technical and Monitoring and Evaluation) Support to all existing and forthcoming projects of ADB within the MAIL.
Panj Amu River Basin Sector Project is an irrigation and natural resources management project which is designed and prepared under the context of National Natural Resources Management Strategy (N-NRMS 2017-2021).
This project, funded by Asian Development Bank & EU, which will be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL). The project is designed to finance rehabilitation and upgrading (R&U) of existing and development of new irrigation and water resources infrastructure, watershed management and establishment of IAs and its capacity building in 5 provinces in Panj Amu River Basin sector project (Bamyan, Baghlan, Kunduz, Takhar and Badakhshan).
The Irrigation/Supervision Engineer will have the overall responsibility to guide technical surveyors in topographic survey of command area, cross-sectional, and longitudinal surveys of the irrigation schemes. She/he is also responsible for the designs of all irrigation related infrastructure, and has to work with a team of engineer, on farm water management Engineer, consultant and technicians involved in designing, extension of existing canal systems, repairing, maintaining, and construction of water related structures at project site. She/he will report to Project Director. Moreover, he will be responsible for the following tasks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Final check and verification of all site plans, profiles, designs and cost estimation of the complete irrigation schemes including all irrigation infrastructures e.g field turnouts, drop structures, culverts, weirs.
2. Based on the site conditions modify already prepared designs of watercourse linings to fit the existing situation e.g (a) precast parabolic lining segments (PCPS) respective to discharge carrying capacity (b) in-situ lining (c) brick and stone lining or (d) simple earthen improvements of schemes
3. Prepare detail design reports that will go with designs to the ADB to justify the spending
4. Prepare BoQ (bill of quantity) and CAD drawings of all civil works
5. Coordinate all technical activities in Takhar and Kunduz provinces and on the sites to make sure the construction/rehabilitation of irrigation infrastructure is according to the engineering standards mentioned in the project Technical Specifications and to the local conditions
6. Strictly follow on the project implementation plan,
7. Preparation of work plan for each civil work contracts
8. Spot checking and certification of ongoing rehabilitation work
9. Work independently, and with consultation of irrigation association (IA); direct through subordinate engineers the construction of canals, water courses according to the type of soil, and specific climate
10. Training of the project field supervisors to properly supervise the civil works at the sites
11. Conduct research on problems of soil drainage, and water logging
12. Observe comparatively simple construction procedures
13. Prepare work plan for all technical staff activities both in the office and on the sites
14. Assist in record keeping and generating progress reports and will submit it to the project director and CPMO M&E unit.
15. Assist in preparation of tender documents, and contracts.
16. Investigate proposed locations of structures (flow control gates, turnout, flow measurement weirs, etc.) and prepare initial designs in coordination with technical team.
17. Work closely with consultant design engineer
18. Store soft copies of all designs/drawings and site plans at safe place
19. Identifying and proposing proper construction materials as per the required standards and site locations
20. Provide preliminary and technical survey for water supply & irrigation projects.
21. Provide survey plan and projects mapping.
22. Provide data collection by GPS and telescopically instruments.
23. Formulate a topographic survey for project sites using TOTAL STATIONS, Geodetic GPS Stations equipment, and monitoring related aspects after Prepare survey data and survey reports to commence Irrigation projects.
24. Perform setting out works or check the setting out works, at the request of the Technical and Infrastructure Engineers or as directed by Engineer.
25. Prepare and plot the site plan cross section and long profile.
26. Complete the detailed technical survey data relating to pre and post construction for project
27. Preparation of survey photos.
28. Assist survey team and other related engineering team to ensure the communities consulted on each phase and are willing to support and contribute towards the implementation of the program.
29. Provide assistance to technical/Engineering team in all engineering issues especially in irrigation field.
30. Assist technical surveyors on topographic, cross-sectional, and long profile surveys of the irrigation schemes.
31. Perform any other project relevant activity assigned by the Project Director.
1. The candidate must have a Bachelor Degree (preferably Master) in Water Resources Engineering Agricultural Engineering /Civil engineering
2. Minimum experience of 4 years in design and construction/rehabilitation of irrigation infrastructure (design of canal, water control gates, flow measurement structures, siphons, culverts, construction of flood control levees etc).
3. Preference would be given to the candidates having extensive experience in similar regions.
4. Good CAD, Civil 3d, Eagle Point, and Ms. Excel skills.
5. Computer simulation/use of computer models is helpful.
6. Good capability to read write and speak English, organization skills, desire to learn, and basic computer literacy