|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Reference:||MoLSA-NSDP-IADC/IC/03- IT-Assistant/ 1398|
|Closing Date:||May 22, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Hardware,IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade FAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 4 Years|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) is a National Priority Program (NPP) established after the April 2004 Berlin announcement made by former President H.E. Hamid Karzai. The overall goal of the NSDP is to contribute to the socio-economic recovery of Afghanistan through building a national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system which is responsive to labor market needs and which provides Afghans with the knowledge and skills for decent work.
The NSDP has a Steering Committee which consists of 9 relevant Ministries with the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs (MOLSA) designated as a lead Ministry. The NSDP operates as a self-contained entity as a National Priority Program of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; mainly financed from the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the Ministry of Finance, the World Bank and other funding agencies.
After the recent and successful implementation of the World Bank-funded Afghanistan Skills Development Project (ASDP), the Bank has decided to support NSDP/MOLSA through a new project called the Non-Formal Approach to Training, Education and Jobs in Afghanistan (NATEJA).
The Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (IADC) in Kabul has also decided to provide funding for the expansion of NATEJA project activities with focus on the western provinces. The IADC provided initially supported the project for one year and later on the support was extended for further time till June 2019.
The IT Assistant will be working under the day to day and overall supervision of IT Specialist and Program Coordinator and his/her contract will continue till the end of December 2019 year and will be renewed subject to satisfactory performance, availability of fund and needs of project and will involve the following activities:
Requires travel to provinces:
a. Proven experience as IT Assistant or relevant position, Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills, Excellent communication ability
b. Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
c. In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
d. Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
e. Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
f. Effective communication, (i) a full working knowledge of English (ii) fluency in one national language and good reading, writing, listening and speaking skill in the other and (iii), the ability to interact and coordinate with NSDP staff, contractors, Government officials, consultants
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
2. Check computer hardware (HDD, mousse, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
3. Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
4. Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance
5. Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
6. Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
7. Organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work
8. Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
9. Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule
10. Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
11. Perform other job related tasks assigned time to time by respective supervisors
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
a) Bachelor degree with 2 years’ relevant experience or Baccalaureate degree with 4 years’ relevant experience.