|Date Posted:||Jun 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jun 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software,IT - Hardware|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade FAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 4 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
About Orphange General DIrectorate:
Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs (MoLSA) is one of the key ministries of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) functioning under the auspices of Social Protection Sector Strategy (SPSS) of Afghanistan National Development Strategy (ANDS) framework and mandated to deliver services in the areas of labor and social protection affairs MoLSA facilitates employment opportunities for unemployed and unskilled segments of the society through Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET) and Skills Development Training (SDT) projects. In addition, MoLSAMD drafts labor related laws and regulations and policies on social protection.
One of the main components of Social protection sector strategy is providing services to orphans and children in risk which is managed by Orphanages General Directorate.
The Orphanages Capacity Building project is supported by the Indian government through Ministry of Economy and is implement by General Directorate of Orphanages in Ministry Labor and social Affairs.
This Capacity building project includes the following:
- Recruitment of Project Staff
- Construction of dormitory for orphan children
- Training program for orphans i.e Konkor test Preparation, English and computer training, in Two orphanages in Kabul.
- Purchase of Goods and services mentioned the project document.
The IT Assistant is responsible for managing and maintaining the day to day operation of the Internet Software, Hardware and Network infrastructure.
The employee will strategically manage the Internet solutions, services and support to end customers. The employee will strategically manage the Internet and Group ware Services with IT customer support team which is made of highly technical people that manage and support the Agency’s overall objective of delivering highly, efficient and effective Internet services. IT Assistant primary function is to provide operational and maintenance support for the office and project to ensure the network stability and achieve the required SLA. He will be responsible for the daily performance and availability of the Easy Connect network, its analysis and recommendations for performance enhancements and necessary modifications
Requires travel to provinces:
Capable of utilizing hand tools and test equipment to perform work.
· Ability to work independently and resourceful with good initiative and discipline.
· Willing to work nights & weekends if necessary.
· Holder of Valid CCNA, MTCNA and other online certification will be given priority.
· Strong Linux and Cisco Skills will be given priority and First chance for selection.
· Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Strong Communications skills in Dari, Pashto & English (Verbal & Written).
· Organizing and coordinating skills.
· Strong customer relation & Ability to analyze and solve problems.
· Able to work long hours when needed.
· Significant proven experience in comparable role within an ISP or Telecoms organization.
· Previous extensive experience of building and developing a technical team.
· Able to analyze problems, issues & needs and provide robust but adaptable solutions which
meet current and future requirements.
· The ability to handle objections and resistance to change.
· Team player, who contributes ideas and suggestions for improvement.
· Previous supplier management experience essential.
· Exposure to running projects effectively is essential.
· Experience of installing any type of Internet Devices (UBIQUITI, Mikrotik, CISCO etc)
· Strong technical knowledge & experience on different monitoring tools.
· Understanding of Digital Communications Networks: protocols (IP, TCP, UDP, routing)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Configuration and installation of deferent internet technology device.
- Configuration of Cisco Router Cisco Switch, Mikirotik RB, any type of Wireless Router
- Talk staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Work continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate).
- Priorities and manage many open cases at one time.
- IT Technician will be responsible for installation, repairing, maintenance and assembling of all kind of equipment include, printers, copiers, computers, scanners, UPS, Stabilizers, IP Security camera, NVR,DVR and other IT related equipment.
- IT Technician will visit the customers’ sites for maintenance, installation to resolve user problems and instruct customer in good manner where he/she must get satisfied activities.
- Ensure that there is an appropriate record keeps system for tracking problems and resolution of customer; network problems and use it to summarize analyze and report on the results of these activities including any recommendations for changes to the IT infrastructure and/or customer training.
- Keeping data security would be one of personnel character to step and approach to the organization goal.
- Make sure the safety measures are met in field activities.
- Report to the team leader on weekly basis
Provide Office, Database and other IT related trainings when required
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor degree in the relevant field