|Date Posted:||Jul 13, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 25, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Information Technology|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||12 month(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The purpose of this role is to provide first level Computer and network support to Afghanaid Head Office computer users and field office staff computer users. This role involves travel to field offices to provide support for the field offices network and computer issues. This individual will act as roving person for provision of IT support.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- This role will train and overlook the IT assistant in technical issues when needed.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Windows 7/ professional and windows 10 client computers
- Install and configure and troubleshoot computer, laptop hardware issues and parts.
- Configure MS Outlook for Afghanaid users and troubleshoot MS outlook issues
- Install network printers and trouble shoot connectivity of network printers.
- Troubleshoot Sharp MX314U and other Sharp copiers’ problems, and other type of problems.
- Ensure that all network devices like Access points, Network printers, Switches have proper power and are functional
- Maintain and Update IT inventory list for Head Office and all Afghanaid other offices for all IT equipment’s and IT related contracts and payment managements.
- Troubleshoot the network in Afghanaid Staff house and internet connectivity in the staff house.
- Troubleshoot internet connectivity issues on all client computers.
- Assist the logistic in purchasing IT accessories and hardware verification.
- Update MS Windows client computers on all Head office computers and provincial computers.
- Clean computers from Dust and other dirt’s from servers and laptops.
- Install PBX phone cables in rooms.
- Troubleshoot PBX related issues in Head office.
- Troubleshoot CCTV related problems in Head office
- Assist the ICT Coordinator in IT related tasks when assigned or needed
- Update the firmware of Network devices in the field office and Head office.
- Update computers drivers when needed, and deploy windows updates when needed.
- Install MS Dynamic NAV clients for Afghanaid Users.
- Install and configure jet reports on Afghanaid Computers.
- She will need to travel to field offices to setup network there, troubleshoot, and solve their computer problems.
- Assist the operation department with any other tasks assigned.
Education / Experience
Computer Science Graduate or should have similar qualification in terms of Certification in MCSA, CompTIA A+, CompTIA network+; or can be compensated with 3 years’ experience with International organization or other organizations working in similar roles.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks dependable professionals with a strong initiative, judgment, adaptability, communication, representation, interpersonal relations, decision-making and reporting skills. Specifically, applicants for this position should also demonstrate the following:
1) Fluency in written English and demonstrated ability to write and lay out high quality documents and reports for diverse audiences.
2) Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
3) High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
4) Personal integrity with initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
5) An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humour; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
6) Strong organisational and coordination skills, able to work with significant levels of autonomy, manage personal priorities and meet tight deadlines.
7) Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
8) A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities
9) Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
10) Commitment to the vision and mission of Afghanaid.